Windows 10: Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

Discus and support Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Just updated my Acer Aspire E17 laptop to windows 10 and it takes ages to boot, almost 5 minutes until it's usable. It was slow before on Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SlowBootWin10, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

Hello,

Just updated my Acer Aspire E17 laptop to windows 10 and it takes ages to boot, almost 5 minutes until it's usable. It was slow before on Win 8.1 but not this slow. Windows is installed on an HDD, Win10 version 1901(Build 18363.592).

Quick specs: CPU i5-5200U, Nvidia GeForce 820M, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD.

I ran Windows Performance Recorder with Boot as Performance Scenario but I need help anaylzing it.
    Uploaded the .rar on Dropbox: Dropbox - WOHNZIMMER-PC.01-23-2020.11-55-22.Boot_1.rar - Simplify your life

Quick preview of the boot phases timeline.

Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace [​IMG]

Appreciate any help and advice,

Thanks.

:)

SlowBootWin10, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD

Here is some info I've collected on boot time problems.

Ztruker, Jan 24, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Hi,

I think that the issue is caused by the "Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device" driver

you have 8 disk drive attached to your computer:
    1. Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    2. Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    3. ST4000DM004-2CV104
    4. TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
    5. WDC WD20EARX-008FB0
    6. Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device
    7. Seagate BUP BK SCSI Disk Device
    8. Kingston DT Elite G2 USB Device

I would suggest you uninstall the Generic driver from the device manager;
    • Open device manager and display the hidden devices;
    • Generic "HDD SCSI Disk Device" under disk driver and uninstall it.

zinou, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

1. Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace - Similar Threads - extremely long boot

2. Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer: My win10 has a long boot time -approx. 1 minute till boot main path ends. I am trying to figure out what causes this long boot delay. I also use Acronis boot manager. This is a pre boot sequence which happens before windows boot starts. The recording I refer to happened after...
  3. Need help with BSOD Analyze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with BSOD Analyze: Hello everyone, i need some help with a BSOD. Here is the Dump and the sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au9u3lOwxBfmgnGyhbZhG5MgD75p?e=keYbd7 I've already replaced the PSU and GPU and updated the Chipset and GPU drivers. Memtest86 has been passed without any errors....
  4. Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit

Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit: So a few weeks ago my pc had the problem of having a problem awaking from sleep mode. It would start running (fans, lights, etc) then turn off, repeat, then finally turn on. Tried modifying the C-states to no avail, but eventually just decided to deal with it. I had also...
  5. Need help to analyze minidumpfile.

Need help to analyze minidumpfile.: Hi Need help to analyze minidumpfile. Bsod happend after upgrade successfull upgrade to 1809 Zip'ed the dumpfiles. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhGOu2-VsD9QyiHKTFj_cnaB4iYF...
  6. Need help analyzing dump file.

Need help analyzing dump file.: Uploaded on OneDrive is a dmp and msinfo file. I consistently get a hang on cold boot that the laptop eventually gets past on power off/on after one or two more tries. It works fine after that until next cold boot. I have swapped out hard drives and swapped out memory, but...
  7. PC has regular annoyingly long freezes - Windows Performance Analyzer Trace Included

PC has regular annoyingly long freezes - Windows Performance Analyzer Trace Included: Hi everyone, For the past couple of months when I am doing basic things like opening a new tab in the browser or using word etc, my PC will just freeze for circa 30 seconds...this is incredibly annoying. I managed to make it freeze/lag whilst I was running Windows...
  8. long boot times

long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...
  9. Extremely long and incomplete boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Extremely long and incomplete boot: Greetings. My PC was working fine until yesterday. Today upon boot, it hung on the login screen (no password required) for about 25 seconds, displaying "preparing windows." When the desktop appeared, it was incomplete, as was the start menu. My sense is that programs that run...
  10. Windows 10 Home: Extremely Long Boot Times & Sometimes Not At All

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home: Extremely Long Boot Times & Sometimes Not At All: I have a Sony All-In-One (Model SVL241290X also known as SVL241A11L) computer loaded with Windows 10 Home. Since the later part of Nov; early Dec, I have been experiencing extremely long boot times. We’re talking in the neighborhood of several hours and sometimes it doesn’t...