Windows 10: Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

Discus and support Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Just updated my Acer Aspire E17 laptop to windows 10 and it takes ages to boot, almost 5 minutes until it's usable. It was slow before on Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SlowBootWin10, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

Hello,

Just updated my Acer Aspire E17 laptop to windows 10 and it takes ages to boot, almost 5 minutes until it's usable. It was slow before on Win 8.1 but not this slow. Windows is installed on an HDD, Win10 version 1901(Build 18363.592).

Quick specs: CPU i5-5200U, Nvidia GeForce 820M, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD.

I ran Windows Performance Recorder with Boot as Performance Scenario but I need help anaylzing it.
    Uploaded the .rar on Dropbox: Dropbox - WOHNZIMMER-PC.01-23-2020.11-55-22.Boot_1.rar - Simplify your life

Quick preview of the boot phases timeline.

Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace [​IMG]

Appreciate any help and advice,

Thanks.

:)

SlowBootWin10, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Boot time not as quick as expected on Windows 10 with an SSD

Here is some info I've collected on boot time problems.

Ztruker, Jan 24, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Hi,

I think that the issue is caused by the "Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device" driver

you have 8 disk drive attached to your computer:
    1. Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    2. Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    3. ST4000DM004-2CV104
    4. TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
    5. WDC WD20EARX-008FB0
    6. Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device
    7. Seagate BUP BK SCSI Disk Device
    8. Kingston DT Elite G2 USB Device

I would suggest you uninstall the Generic driver from the device manager;
    • Open device manager and display the hidden devices;
    • Generic "HDD SCSI Disk Device" under disk driver and uninstall it.

zinou, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

1. Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace - Similar Threads - extremely long boot

2. Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!: I am unable to access my laptop as bitlocker has detected unauthorised access. To find the key I have looked into various FAQs and instructions but on the Microsoft login it shows trace id for a long time. I have tried to use incognito as suggested in an faq as well, but it...
  3. Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker is showing a trace Id for a long time!!!: I am unable to access my laptop as bitlocker has detected unauthorised access. To find the key I have looked into various FAQs and instructions but on the Microsoft login it shows trace id for a long time. I have tried to use incognito as suggested in an faq as well, but it...
  4. How to Time Boot & perform a Boot Trace in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Time Boot & perform a Boot Trace in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit aka Windows ADK offers a performance analysis tool—xbootmgr—that […] This article How to Time Boot & perform a Boot Trace in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Win 10 HP laptop extremely long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 HP laptop extremely long boot time: I am trying to troubleshoot my daughters less than 1 year old HP gaming laptops looooong boot time 10 min +. It started this behavior 1 or 2 months ago while at college. It is a windows 10 machine, fast start is not selected, it has been virus and malware scanned,...
  6. Windows July 14th update: Extremely LONG Boot up time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows July 14th update: Extremely LONG Boot up time: Before July 14th, My PC is able to boot up and get ready to be used under a minute or so generally. My Windows 10 is running off a Samsung Evo NVME M.2 drive. I have AMD 1700X and 32 GB of RAM and Vega 64. Now it takes more like 10 min to load desktop icon and app task on...
  7. Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file: After BIOS Post, the screen sits at the Windows Logo spinning for about 80-90 seconds before then moving to the login screen. This is after either a cold boot or restart. In the ETL, I am not seeing a long Pre Session boot, Session Initialize, Winlogon, or ExplorerInit. My OS...
  8. Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit: So a few weeks ago my pc had the problem of having a problem awaking from sleep mode. It would start running (fans, lights, etc) then turn off, repeat, then finally turn on. Tried modifying the C-states to no avail, but eventually just decided to deal with it. I had also...
  9. Extremely long and incomplete boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Extremely long and incomplete boot: Greetings. My PC was working fine until yesterday. Today upon boot, it hung on the login screen (no password required) for about 25 seconds, displaying "preparing windows." When the desktop appeared, it was incomplete, as was the start menu. My sense is that programs that run...
  10. Windows 10 Home: Extremely Long Boot Times & Sometimes Not At All

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home: Extremely Long Boot Times & Sometimes Not At All: I have a Sony All-In-One (Model SVL241290X also known as SVL241A11L) computer loaded with Windows 10 Home. Since the later part of Nov; early Dec, I have been experiencing extremely long boot times. We’re talking in the neighborhood of several hours and sometimes it doesn’t...