Windows 10: Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

Discus and support Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidSingh2, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues occured after a failed Windows update.

:)

DavidSingh2, Nov 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 10, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 10, 2018
  4. LakotaH Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow

Hello,

I have already posted a similar question to this which was a while ago but I am still in need of assistance. My laptop is extremely slow after it failed updating Windows 10. I do not know what solutions to try. I attempted doing a Clean Install, but was
    just met with frustration from me not completely understanding what steps to take and the snail-like speed of my laptop. I am just considering taking the laptop to a place to have it fixed, but it seems like a lot of money I hope I dont need to spend.

Thank you

LakotaH, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

1. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update - Similar Threads - extremely slow failed

2. PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC EXTREMELY slow after Windows definition update.: Hello, Yesterday my PC had a definition update - Security intelligence update KB2267602. I've logged onto my pc today and this update has made my computer awfully slow. My PC is high end, it has an Intel Xeon 10855-M, Nvidia quadro rtx 3000, 32gb RAM and plenty of free...
  3. Windows 10 extremely slow after format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 extremely slow after format: I had a virus on Win10 so I decided to start again with a clean Win10 install, formatted the disk and it is painfully slow. I have to wait a couple of seconds after I click an app for it to open, which wasn't the case before the format. What could it be? Should I run...
  4. Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update: I just updated to windows 10 version 1909 and then reset my pc (as i was planning on doing) After I set it back up my download for web browsing, download games and anything else has been at under 1 mb. My ping In games is also over a thousand. I’ve tried everything; DNS...
  5. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909: I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from...
  6. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  7. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  8. Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow

Windows 10 update failed, now laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have already posted a similar question to this which was a while ago but I am still in need of assistance. My laptop is extremely slow after it failed updating Windows 10. I do not know what solutions to try. I attempted doing a Clean Install, but was just met with...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  10. Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.: So I held back on updating to the anniversary update for a few weeks, but then starting having some problems with sleep and power, so i downloaded the update tool and updated to version 1607. My problems were solved, but now today, a few days later, I suddenly have many...