Windows 10: Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

Discus and support Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sony_2020, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Sony_2020 Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from about 50% to close to 100%. The performance resumed after I restored the system to the earlier version. Today was the 3rd time I did this and I checked the current stable version is 1903, so I guess the problem was caused by the new update 1909. I am afraid it will become slow again after the automatic update.

Please advise if there is a way to allow me continue to use this computer.

Thanks!

:)

Sony_2020, Dec 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

1. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909 - Similar Threads - extremely slow updating

2. Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update: After updating to Ver 2004 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the drivers are the latest. I use this computer to edit photos and vids and right now it's a brick. I've searched online to no...
  3. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.: Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k processor, RTX 2080 Super, 16 gigs and an SSD that Windows is currently installed on. When I fist got the computer everything was...
  4. Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update: After updating to Ver 1909 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the drivers are the latest. I use this computer to edit photos and vids and right now it's a brick. I've searched online to no...
  5. Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down: Hi, after the windows 10 update 1909 the shutdown is extremly slow. /dehade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1909-after-update-shutdown/0c9e04d9-d205-45a8-a069-0beb3655d97c
  6. Wifi extremely slow after updates

Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  7. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  8. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update

Windows 10 extremely slow after failed update: i am getting overwhemled trying to solve this problem, and I dont know what route to take to try and fix my laptop. It is running very slowly making any attempt to fix it a long process. I do not know what is causing this so i do not know how to attempt to fix it. The issues...
  10. Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.: So I held back on updating to the anniversary update for a few weeks, but then starting having some problems with sleep and power, so i downloaded the update tool and updated to version 1607. My problems were solved, but now today, a few days later, I suddenly have many...