Windows 10: Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

Discus and support Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Version H21H1 but the system has become extremely slow. When I click on a program icon on my desktop, it takes quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by munier786, May 30, 2021.

1. munier786 Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Version H21H1 but the system has become extremely slow. When I click on a program icon on my desktop, it takes quite a while for the program to open. And even web pages take a while to open and at times do not respond at all. What could be the problem or do I roll back to the previous version?

:)

munier786, May 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 30, 2021
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

1. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1 - Similar Threads - extremely slow upgrade

2. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 version H21H1 and the system has become extremely slow. When I click a program icon on my desktop, it takes a long time for the program to open. And even webpages take a while to open and sometimes it doesn't respond....
  3. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 version H21H1 and the system has become extremely slow. When I click a program icon on my desktop, it takes a long time for the program to open. And even webpages take a while to open and sometimes it doesn't respond....
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  6. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  7. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Version 21H1 Slows Down Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 21H1 Slows Down Computer: A couple of months ago I installed version 21H1 on my laptop. This new version causes laptop to run dreadfully slow making it almost unusable. I reverted back to version 1909 which does not cause me any problem. Does anyone know of any issues with 21H1 that were identified...
  9. Upgrade to Windows version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows version 21H1: Hi Microsoft Team,Good day to you.I would like to check with you regarding upgrade Windows version to 21H1.If is possible to direct upgrade to version 21H1 from version 1709, 1809 and 1909?Or what is the minimum version to have for upgrading to version 21H1?Looking forward...
  10. Windows Being Extreme Slow After Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Being Extreme Slow After Upgrade.: Hello, I am a Windows 10 pro user, It is officially licensed. Some weeks before I upgraded from 4 GB RAM to 12 GB Ram. all components of my laptop worked flawlessly on 4 GB RAM. but since i have upgraded its been too slow. The explorer takes it too long too work out some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows slow after 21h1 update

2. 21H1 update slow