Windows 10: Windows 10 extremely slow. "Fresh start didn't improve"

Discus and support Windows 10 extremely slow. "Fresh start didn't improve" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So randomly a few years ago this PC started to act real slow. So I just let it sit. Recently wanted to make it work for me again. I did the "fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrWhoaFan, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 extremely slow. "Fresh start didn't improve"

So randomly a few years ago this PC started to act real slow. So I just let it sit.

Recently wanted to make it work for me again.

I did the "fresh start" option today and it didn't seem to solve the issue.

Super slow performance. Over 5 mins to boot, over a minute to delete a file.

Hardware: Phenom ii x6 1055t, 7870 gpu, 8gb ram

Task manager says : cpu 10%, ram 20% , hdd: 100% and gpu 0% use at idle.

submitted by /u/DrWhoaFan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrWhoaFan, Dec 5, 2020

2. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Hi,

Since you have just recently performed a fresh install of your Windows 10, it's hard for us to pinpoint as to what's causing your computer to run slow. To help us improve your computer's performance, please check out the suggested troubleshooting steps and
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.

Feel free to let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

I am running the latest drivers (I updated them via driver booster last night) and windows update says I'm running the latest version of windows. I've restarted my laptop several times and it doesn't seem to help. According to task manager, memory usage
    rarely goes above 50%. As the hard drive was wiped, I have over 800 gigs free. I've disabled most of the programs I have on startup and malwarebytes reports nothing wrong with my system either. I've turned off onedrive sync and am currently running the sfc
    command in cmd. I'll reply with the results of sfc but barring that, whats the next step?

Thanks!

_0110111001101111_, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow. "Fresh start didn't improve"

Delta6326, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 extremely slow. "Fresh start didn't improve"

1. Windows 10 extremely slow. "Fresh start didn't improve" - Similar Threads - extremely slow Fresh

2. Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.: Hi!My friend and I built a new computer, and the computer is really bad at functioning. It permanently crashes, it is EXTREMELY slow; any application, any website, even searching the computer's files is slow or doesn't work. Attempting to open System Information results in it...
  3. Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really, extremely slow computer. Relatively freshly built.: Hi!My friend and I built a new computer, and the computer is really bad at functioning. It permanently crashes, it is EXTREMELY slow; any application, any website, even searching the computer's files is slow or doesn't work. Attempting to open System Information results in it...
  4. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  5. Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Fresh Install Extremely Slow: Hello, I have recently installed Windows 11 to my laptop and all the apps and programs are loading really slowly. When I try to open any program I have to wait at least a minute before it initializes and if I minimize it to the tray I have to wait to see the window. I am...
  6. Windows 10 is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is extremely slow: I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my laptop twice but the same errors still persist?? I also attempted to modify the minimum and maximum amounts of ram Windows...
  7. Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh install of Windows 10 becomes extremely slow: I have noted that any time i install windows 10 on any PC, The PC becomes extremely slow when connected to the internet. Refreshing the desktop takes around 45 seconds. Opening a program like excel takes around 15 seconds. Typing on the Cortana search bar is also extremely...
  8. Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903

Laptop extremely slow after fresh install of Windows 10 v1903: Hello. I've recently installed Windows 10 v1903 on my Laptop and I've been experiencing general slowness since then. I've tried everything I've found online: - Clean Boot; - Sfc /Scannow; - Disk defragmentation/Cleanup; - Device/Drivers Update; - Disable Fast Startup...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...
  10. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?: Hello I have the same issue as this guy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/laptop-running-extremely-slow-after-fresh-install/88592f20-dd35-4337-81bc-26c2e560b887 Can you give me a clue? btw. I don't have a battery since it is...