Windows 10: Windows 10 extremely slow

Discus and support Windows 10 extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VaivaN., Oct 8, 2018.

1. VaivaN. Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow

Hello,

I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without any programs running in the backround even simple tasks as Chrome are lagging. All start up programs are set to the essential ones, some windws experiences are turn off because disk keeps running at 100% and most of the "internet tips" have been used. Do you know what might be the problem and how to improve the speed?

thanks!!

:)

VaivaN., Oct 8, 2018

2. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 EXTREMELY slow performance!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Also, suggest you to check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 extremely slow

1. Windows 10 extremely slow - Similar Threads - extremely slow

2. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10: I've been facing this problem for a while now, basically my Wi-Fi is extremely slow only on Windows 10, it seems to be perfectly fine on Linux, I've tried with multiple adapters, network reset, chucking 20 commands into CMD, none of them worked. It's so incredibly slow to the...
  3. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10: I've been facing this problem for a while now, basically my Wi-Fi is extremely slow only on Windows 10, it seems to be perfectly fine on Linux, I've tried with multiple adapters, network reset, chucking 20 commands into CMD, none of them worked. It's so incredibly slow to the...
  4. Wi-Fi extremely slow only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  6. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  7. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  8. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  9. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  10. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 slow network mapped disk