Windows 10: Windows 10 factory reset help

Discus and support Windows 10 factory reset help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer has been running very slow for some time now so I decided to do a factory reset with the keep my files option. I just wanted to know, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/batmov, Aug 4, 2020.

1. /u/batmov Win User

Windows 10 factory reset help

My computer has been running very slow for some time now so I decided to do a factory reset with the keep my files option. I just wanted to know, if there's any chance of data loss?

submitted by /u/batmov
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/batmov, Aug 4, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 4, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 4, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 factory reset help - Similar Threads - factory reset help

2. Factory reset help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset help: Please help, I only have 2 hours and I'm lost...I purchased a little Lenovo Cloudbook a couple of months ago and it's too small for me, so I'm trying to completely factory reset it to gift to a family member. Unfortunately, the instructions I found online don't match what the...
  3. Factory reset help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset help: Please help, I only have 2 hours and I'm lost...I purchased a little Lenovo Cloudbook a couple of months ago and it's too small for me, so I'm trying to completely factory reset it to gift to a family member. Unfortunately, the instructions I found online don't match what the...
  4. Factory reset help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Factory Reset or...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Factory Reset or...?: I have an HP laptop I bought 2.5 years ago. It came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled.After purchasing it, I bought an upgrade and changed my product key.This beast is seriously lagging at this point, and I want to clean it up and start with a new/fresh install.If I use the...
  6. Help with factory reset and windows key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with factory reset and windows key.: So I have a windows 10 laptop that I bought from a shop in my city, 1 day, the activate windows watermark randomly appeared, I was wondering if I can factory reset my PC despite not having a key or whatever its called. I'm not that good with electronics when it comes to such...
  7. Help with factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with factory reset: I potentially deleted some important files in the windows folder and registry. If I perform a factory reset will it fix any mistakes that may have happened? And 100% back to normal? submitted by /u/kaille0n [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 factory reset

Windows 10 factory reset: I’m trying to do a full factory reset on a HP laptop with Windows 10. It has been stuck on 64% for about 12 hours. It says it needs to restart several times to reinstall Windows, but in the last 12 hours it has restarted hundreds of times. Should I just power it of and try...
  9. Need help to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to factory reset: Hi my laptop today for some random reason crashed. When i try to turn it back on it constantly gives me the blue screen error message. When i try to factory reset it, it gives me a message saying not enough storage space. I've tried every single reset option none of them...
  10. Windows 10 factory reset

Windows 10 factory reset: Hi, my laptop show black screen after failed restore windows. It is run windows but didnt start anything. I cant restore to factory options. i cant run .exe, regedit, cmd. Sorry for my not good English. 114939