Windows 10: Windows 10 - Factory Restore Blue Screened - Stuck in Windows Install Loop

Discus and support Windows 10 - Factory Restore Blue Screened - Stuck in Windows Install Loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, This is my first post here so let me know if I need to move this discussion elsewhere. I have a Surface Book (1st Gen) running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RussLile, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Factory Restore Blue Screened - Stuck in Windows Install Loop

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here so let me know if I need to move this discussion elsewhere.

I have a Surface Book (1st Gen) running Windows 10 64-bit. Every so often, I like to factory restore my computer since I keep all my files on OneDrive, its pretty easy to do. This time, after windows did the 'reset' and began reinstalling, I got a windows blue screen error. The computer restarted automatically and seemed to resume the install successfully. However, next time I checked on it, it seems to be stuck in a loop. Loop is as follows:

Black screen with Surface logo (about 5 seconds)

Switches to another Surface logo screen with loading circle and the word Welcome (2 seconds)

Quickly switches to the blue windows install progress screen. This screen lasts maybe 0.25 sec. It says:

"Installing Windows ... 64% Don't turn off PC this will take a while Your PC will restart several times"

Then it seems to shut off and restart the cycle in about 2 seconds.

I did some research and tried accessing the startup recovery dialogue so I could disable auto restart and potentially start in safe mode. However, none of my attempts would interrupt the cycle aside from a hard shut down. And the 'perform 3 hard shut downs in a row to enter safe mode' did not work. It just resumes this cycle when I turn the computer back on. It has been cycling for about 2 hours now.

Things I have read but not tried yet are turning off my wifi to potentially prevent windows from trying to update. I have also not tried using Windows Bootable USB OS Repair. I have never done that and it seems to be a last resort.

If anyone here has any expertise or suggestions, I would really appreciate it. I stopped finding relatable information from searching google, so I figured I would reach out.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: In the past half hour, the computer has had two more blue screen errors and when the computer restarted, it just resumed the cycle. I was not able to take a picture of the QR code.

submitted by /u/RussLile
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RussLile, Aug 5, 2020

2. Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 5, 2020
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Windows 10 stuck in installation loop on tablet

Ok, I was THIS close for throwing this god damn tablet outside on the concrete... I have ACER Iconia W4 820 tablet and yesterday it decided it will refuse to boot (the Windows 10 magic). It just displayed boot screen with those dots running around forever. Literally. I left it over night and you guessed it, in the morning it was still doing it. So, I forced reset it and it brought up the repair dialog where I've opted for Reset and deleted all my data clean.

All nice and well, it installed and when I get the screen "Hi there" where I pick my languages and time zone, click next and select bunch of privacy settings and complete that, it restarts and goes back to god damn language and timezone selection screen, every single bloody time. I've completed it like 10 times and it just loops like a total retard. Wanted to re-install windows clean from USB, wouldn't even boot, tried recovering original OS (Win8.1), it just skips it and loops the same language/timezone menu and the backup USB that I've made on day 1 is just plain ignored. I now have a tablet that has less functionality than a kitchen cutting board. What the fuck Microsoft, are you kidding me? And no, I don't have any intention to pay ACER to fix this shit Microsoft created. Damn it.

I've googled tons of "fix guides" and they all seem to mention that rather recent stupid update that caused boot looping, but my case seems to be slightly different because it's installation looping. I only got 1 result that mentioned installation and deletion of some keys via regedit, but it didn't fix anything. So, any other ideas?

RejZoR, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Factory Restore Blue Screened - Stuck in Windows Install Loop

Windows 10 stuck in 64% installing loop

So my laptop was running slow so i said let me factory reset it and clean all the drives . I did it and it stucked at 64% installing windows 10 its been 3 days and its still stucked at 64%. A blue screen saying windows installing 64% keeps popping up then
    it goes to the windows logo screen then back to the blue screen , i believe its in loop or something . I need help please

please!!

EmmanuelHartley, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Factory Restore Blue Screened - Stuck in Windows Install Loop

1. Windows 10 - Factory Restore Blue Screened - Stuck in Windows Install Loop - Similar Threads - Factory Restore Blue

2. Windows 11 stuck in blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in blue screen loop: I have a Dell G7 15 7590 running windows 11. I restarted my laptop and suddenly I got stuck in a blue screen loop. The error code was UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I have tried repairing windows but that doesn't seem to work....
  3. Windows 11 stuck in blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in blue screen loop: I have a Dell G7 15 7590 running windows 11. I restarted my laptop and suddenly I got stuck in a blue screen loop. The error code was UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I have tried repairing windows but that doesn't seem to work....
  4. Stuck in a blue screen loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a blue screen loop?: Not sure how to resolve this and talking with MS didn’t help either. Hopefully, someone here can assist. The PC is less than a couple of years old and was hardly used up until recently. Here’s what happened:Set my computer to sleep but it must’ve stayed on and ran out of...
  5. Stuck in a blue screen loop?

Stuck in a blue screen loop?: Not sure how to resolve this and talking with MS didn’t help either. Hopefully, someone here can assist. The PC is less than a couple of years old and was hardly used up until recently. Here’s what happened:Set my computer to sleep but it must’ve stayed on and ran out of...
  6. Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop: I booted up my PC to see that instead of the normal login screen, the blue "Select Account" screen was displayed. I couldn't remember the password to the Admin account, so I clicked the Restart button. When I restart, I receive the "Your device ran into a problem and needs to...
  7. Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop: I booted up my PC to see that instead of the normal login screen, the blue "Select Account" screen was displayed. I couldn't remember the password to the Admin account, so I clicked the Restart button. When I restart, I receive the "Your device ran into a problem and needs to...
  8. Stuck in a Blue Screen Loop

9. Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop: Hello Everyone, I have two hard drives in my Laptop. One is an SSD in whichWindows 10 OS is installed and I had installed Ubuntu in my other hard drivewhich is a HDD DDR4. I uninstalled Ubuntu completely now and restored the bootsettings to Windows 10 back through the Boot...
  10. Stuck in a blue screen loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a blue screen loop: So my laptop keeps going to a blue screen. It won’t even restart on its own. When I turn it off and back on it just goes back to the blue screen before windows has a chance to load. Before this began happening the audio would not play and there was a small ‘x’ on the sound...