Windows 10: Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

Discus and support Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I attempted to reset my Windows 10 computer using the option in the Settings panel. It got stuck at Resetting this PC: 9% for a few minutes, then I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marianne_500, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

I attempted to reset my Windows 10 computer using the option in the Settings panel. It got stuck at Resetting this PC: 9% for a few minutes, then I got a message on blue background: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". The next screen I got is the black background Windows Boot Manager. The info on that page is:File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCDStatus: 0xc000000fInfo: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.The page mentions that to insert a Windows installation disk in order to fix the problem, but this is a laptop that doesn't have a disk rea

:)

Marianne_500, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Hood Win User

New Secondary Drive Causes Boot Failure Windows 10

For the second time now, Windows 10 failed to boot after initializing and formatting a spare drive (using Windows Disk Management). After the boot fail, UEFI boot settings were still set to boot from Windows Boot Manager, but it still wouldn't boot, just goes into diagnostic mode, fails to repair boot problem, and goes to the repair menu. In advanced options I can then load a recent image (made with Windows 7 Backup and Recovery in control panel), and everything goes back to normal. My question is what causes this problem, and how do I repair it without re-imaging Windows? I don't recall ever having this problem in other Windows versions, only in Windows 10. Anyone else notice this problem?

Hood, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

1. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager - Similar Threads - failed reset led

2. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager: I attempted to reset my Windows 10 computer using the option in the Settings panel. It got stuck at Resetting this PC: 9% for a few minutes, then I got a message on blue background: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". The next screen I got is the...
  3. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager: I attempted to reset my Windows 10 computer using the option in the Settings panel. It got stuck at Resetting this PC: 9% for a few minutes, then I got a message on blue background: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". The next screen I got is the...
  4. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed: My PC was updating and i'm guessing something went wrong in the process, but it's now giving me the boot manager failed message. I tried doing the F8 trick to start the recovery, but that didn't work. It only stays at the Lenovo logo and then does nothing else. I'm not sure...
  5. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed: My PC was updating and i'm guessing something went wrong in the process, but it's now giving me the boot manager failed message. I tried doing the F8 trick to start the recovery, but that didn't work. It only stays at the Lenovo logo and then does nothing else. I'm not sure...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows boot manager boot failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot manager boot failed: im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot failure message. I pressed ok few times and then OneKey recovery showed up and asked me if I want to restore my pc to its initial...
  8. Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10: I have an older Lenovo Yoga 2 11 with windows 10. I have been on the Windows Insider update program for some time. Several months ago, after an insider update, and i'm not sure which number update it is, I got a "Windows Boot Manager boot failed" message when I turned the...
  9. Failed windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed windows boot manager: Hi there I've experience a problem with my laptop after I downloaded the windows 10 tool to change from 32bit to 64bit. The file was successfully downloaded and i restarted my laptop without opening the file thinking nothing will happen, well...it did. It keeps on...
  10. Windows Boot Manager - Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Boot Manager - Failed: [img] Can anyone tell me how to resolve a Windows failed to start issue on a Windows 10 computer? Status: 0xc0000225 Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. The computers worked fine for a couple days. After the end-users powered off and turn it...