Windows 10: Windows 10 failed to complete installation

Discus and support Windows 10 failed to complete installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to reset my Lenovo PC. During the restart I got an error message saying The computer in m restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyHoneycutt, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 failed to complete installation

I had to reset my Lenovo PC. During the restart I got an error message saying The computer in m restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click OK to restart, and then restart the installation. I have read articles and seen how to videos telling me to press Shift + F10 to pull up a command window, but nothing happens when I press those keys or when I press Shift + windows key + F10.... PLEASE HELP!!!

:)

AshleyHoneycutt, Mar 6, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 6, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 6, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows 10 failed to complete installation

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 failed to complete installation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 failed to complete installation

1. Windows 10 failed to complete installation - Similar Threads - failed complete installation

2. windows 10 updates not completing install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 updates not completing install: My windows 10 updates will not complete last final step of update. WHY??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-not-completing-install/90e5e9f8-76d4-47ff-8171-f8d176aeef19
  3. ESET Installation failed and was not completed successfully

in Windows 10 News
    ESET Installation failed and was not completed successfully: [ATTACH]When using ESET products, if you face any issue with the installation, you can […] This article ESET Installation failed and was not completed successfully first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Update failed to install completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update failed to install completely: Windows 10 just updated, but I got this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-failed-to-install-completely/a53c4779-e09a-4d5e-8cbc-aad6d8eef000
  5. Windows 10 1903 Update Fails to Complete Install Process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 Update Fails to Complete Install Process: After running Widows update to install Windows 10 1903 on a Surface Pro 1, the process hangs after the first reboot. It is stuck on the screen that says "Working on updates. 0% Do not turn off your PC. This will take some time." Some time is currently 6 hours and the progress...
  6. Error 1628 Failed to complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 1628 Failed to complete installation: I try to install MPLAB program but this error get out to me . 1628: Failed to complete installation . How to solve it ?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1628-failed-to-complete-installation/c5090af4-0203-470b-9095-f94645e5b870
  7. InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation: Hello, I have been trying to install Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection. I have been able to install in previously with no issues. I am trying to reinstall it so I can put it on a different drive. When trying to install the game, InstallShield throws up and error. I have...
  8. InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install: Hey there, I was recently trying to install an older "Made for Windows" game off the CD when this error popped up, as of yet not found the solution to fixing it. It would seem that the "InstallShield" folder is missing from the Program files directory all together. Also when...
  9. 1628 : Failed to complete installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1628 : Failed to complete installation: I have windows 10 and have been trying to install Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate collection and keep getting 1628: Failed to complete Installation. Have tried everything in their support about it and nothing works....
  10. Build 11082 fails to complete installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 11082 fails to complete installation: Starting a new thread as the search function didn't find any posts about installation failure similar to my issue. I am an "Insider", on the fast ring. Build 11082 fails to install, no error messages are shown. The 1st stage (installing files) appears to complete OK. System...