Windows 10: Windows 10 failed to install on a new computer - missing file CI.dll status 0xc0000098

Discus and support Windows 10 failed to install on a new computer - missing file CI.dll status 0xc0000098 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday I de-assembled my old computer running Vista and using the same computer case and PSU I assembled a computer with brand new RAM, CPU and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardTaylor5, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 failed to install on a new computer - missing file CI.dll status 0xc0000098

Yesterday I de-assembled my old computer running Vista and using the same computer case and PSU I assembled a computer with brand new RAM, CPU and motherboard and SSD and attempted to install Windows 10 from a USB stick. The USB stick is a “RETAIL VERSION” of Windows 10 (not OEM) that I purchased from reputable high street retailer [Tesco Direct].

The computer boots from the USB stick, I reach the screen for selecting the 32/64 bit version, select 64 bit and after the loading bar finishes (takes about 10secs) I sometimes see the Windows logo before I am faced with the following message in Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem

1)Insert your windows installation disk and restart the computer

2)Choose your language settings and then click next.

3)Click repair your computer.

If you don’t have the disk contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File CI.dll

Status 0xc0000098.

Info: the operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

So far I have tried several things to resolve this.

- Plugged in an older keyboard in a PS/2 port instead of using my modern keyboard.

- Tried plugging the USB stick into different USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

- I have not got any hard drives or optical drives connected or graphics cards connected as I want to use the SSD as my storage area for windows and office. None of these attempts have worked. What could be the cause of the problem? Issues with the hardware? Corrupt installation media?

The components that are currently installed are the following;

ASUS H110M-A/M.2 motherboard

Intel Celeron G3930 CPU

Crucial 8GB DDR4 -2400 [CT8G4DFS824A – sold under another code but matched to motherboard]

Crucial MX300 275GB SATA M.2 Type 2280SS SSD

The Bios correctly reads all components.

Sent from my works PC which doesn't have administrative rights.

:)

EdwardTaylor5, Jul 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 install error 0xc0000098 on new build

Trying to install Windows 10 Home 64bit on a new home built computer (first OS install off of initial bios). Repeatedly getting this error:

File: \windows\system32\drivers\qlfcoei.sys

Info: The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.

Using a ASUS B150M-A motherboard with a i5 processor.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

MichaelSBishop, Jul 29, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 failed to install on a new computer - missing file CI.dll status 0xc0000098

Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 failed to install on a new computer - missing file CI.dll status 0xc0000098

1. Windows 10 failed to install on a new computer - missing file CI.dll status 0xc0000098 - Similar Threads - failed install computer

2. Where to install a missing .dll file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to install a missing .dll file?: I'm trying to install some old software that has vital info on it from an old program Corel friends & family 21 years of reminders and that has current doctor appointments etc on it.I tried installing it in compatibility mode closest to the date of publishing win96But keep...
  3. Help! Dll files missing on clean new installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Dll files missing on clean new installation of windows 10: I installed windows 10 on a brand new ssd and it appeared to be fully working until I realized it’s missing dll files. Help idk what to do submitted by /u/D1N4D4N [link] [comments]...
  4. Missing DLL file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DLL file in Windows 10: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, every time I boot up my PC, I get an error message about a missing DLL file called C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. How do I fix this? Thanks....
  5. Error Status 0xc0000098 When Installing Windows

Error Status 0xc0000098 When Installing Windows: Hello, I have finished building a PC and have been greeted by this message that I couldn't install windows. It's a brand new official Windows USB installation drive and I have a 500 GB SSD and 1 TB Hard drive. The File tab says: \windows\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys The...
  6. Failed to load DLL file on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to load DLL file on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On Windows startup if your system cannot or is unable to load a required dll file and you see a message – Failed to load DLL, then this post will help you. The error message could be: The dynamic library [...] This post Failed to load DLL file on Windows...
  7. new computer windows 10 directx12 missing dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new computer windows 10 directx12 missing dll files: hey all, tried to reinstall everything from 2010 all the way to 2017 with the Microsoft visual c++ . tried to run sfc/scanNow from command prompt window (admin). tried directx_Jun2010_redist ran setup but i get an internal error and told to check...
  8. Error 0xc0000098 can't install windows 10 on new build

Error 0xc0000098 can't install windows 10 on new build: I just build my first pc, i'm having trouble installing windows. i created a usb with the creationtool, but i keep getting the message 0xc0000098 error. is it not possible to install windows with creationtool...
  9. New installation fails with unexpected error 0xc0000098

New installation fails with unexpected error 0xc0000098: Today I bought Windows 10 Home 32/64-bit on a USB-stick and tried to install the 64-bit version on a computer that has never used Windows before. After it is done loading files I can see the Windows logo for a second then I get an unexpected error: [img] The computer...
  10. Missing Windows 10 dll files

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Windows 10 dll files: I have 3 missing windows 10 dll files Wow64.dll Wow64cpu.dll Wow64win.dll I used the media creation tool to create an ISO of the exact version of windows I have (windows 10 pro) and searched the file for these dll files, including the install.wim and boot.wim. Does anyone...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. \windows\system32\drivers\qlfcoei.sys

2. download Media CreationTool x86.exe

3. vmbus.sys missing or corrupt windows 10

4. windows 10 failed to install oxc00000098,
  5. win 10 installation driver vmbus.sys manquant,
  6. windows 10 install qevbda.sys 0xc0000098,
  7. media creationtool v1903,
  8. missing file ci.dll 0x0000098,
  9. new computer windows failed to start xc0000098 ,
  10. \windows\system32\drivers\vmbus.sys 0xc0000098 windows 10 new computer,