Windows 10: Windows 10 failed to upgrade and not restoring old version

Discus and support Windows 10 failed to upgrade and not restoring old version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my computer tried to install new upgrade of Win10 but failed with missing file error. Now it tries to restore the old version but it doesn't. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrStetson, Apr 7, 2016.

1. MrStetson Win User

Windows 10 failed to upgrade and not restoring old version

So my computer tried to install new upgrade of Win10 but failed with missing file error. Now it tries to restore the old version but it doesn't. It always says "Restorin your previous version of Windows" and after couple of minutes restarts and thr same message again... Dit tgis like 20 times in a row. How do I get my Windows work again?

:)

MrStetson, Apr 7, 2016

2. windows 10 stuck in a loop trying to restore old version

I have an Asus X205T which had the windows 8.1, when I upgraded to windows 10 it failed and stuck in a loop trying to restore the old version. When I initiated the recovery command, it gave me error code:0xc0000225. any help please.

haytham_43, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Andrei V. Win User
    Clean install with Win 10 Upgrade

You might want to try the upgrade anyway. Maybe in the RTM version of Windows 10 they fixed whatever caused your problems with the Dell Vostro 3750 i5.

Create a system image, to have a backup, try the upgrade and see what happens. If it fails, restore the image and go back to the old OS.

Andrei V., Apr 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you could possibly try booting from a Win 10 install medium, navigating thru Repair, Troubleshooting to 'Go back to the previous build'

I don't think there's been much luck with this.

I'm guessing you haven't been using disk imaging
    (highly recommended here so you can restore your PC to a previous working state from compressed copies of your disk/partitions without technical help).

dalchina, Apr 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Do you have Windows 10 RTM or Windows 10 Insider Preview build ?

For Windows 10 RTM, the current version is 10586.
    For Insider Preview build, the current build is 14316.

Need to know that before I can offer a suggestion.

davidhk, Apr 7, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    - are you upgrading from e.g. Win 7, Win 8 to Win 10, or from one Win 10 build to another?

dalchina, Apr 7, 2016
  7. MrStetson Win User
    I was updating from Win10 to another Win10 (Self update), and I think I have the RTM version.

And i also tried to Reset Windows (I't said it could't do it), and every other possible Boot menu option (Every one of them failed)

MrStetson, Apr 8, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Use the Tech Bench link below to download your edition of Window 10.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition >click the pointer and make sure you select your edition of Windows 10> click Confirm.
    Click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    Select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    At the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

If installation is successful and activated, you can, if you want to, burn the iso file to a bootable DVD or USB.
    You can use it to do a Clean Install, or use it for future reinstall.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 failed to upgrade and not restoring old version - Similar Threads - failed upgrade restoring

2. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade failed & it failed to restore my pc to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to 11 upgrade failed & it failed to restore my pc to Windows 10: I was happily running Windows 10 Pro, when I was offered the Windows 11 upgrade. The update failed, then the return to Windows 10 failed. I can't re-install Windows 10 Pro using my Win 10 Pro media. My Intel NUC 11th gen is now useless.It has 2 drives, an M.2 NVME, and an...
  3. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade failed & it failed to restore my pc to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to 11 upgrade failed & it failed to restore my pc to Windows 10: I was happily running Windows 10 Pro, when I was offered the Windows 11 upgrade. The update failed, then the return to Windows 10 failed. I can't re-install Windows 10 Pro using my Win 10 Pro media. My Intel NUC 11th gen is now useless.It has 2 drives, an M.2 NVME, and an...
  4. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade failed & it failed to restore my pc to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Failing to upgrade to Windows 10, version 1903

Failing to upgrade to Windows 10, version 1903: Hi I have been trying to upgrade windows 10 to windows 10 1903 but I keep getting the same error error 0x800700c1 I have tried many ways but I still get the same error as seen in this photo. [ATTACH] Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Saqib...
  6. Failed Annniversary Upgrade did NOT restore my previous version OK

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failed Annniversary Upgrade did NOT restore my previous version OK: I posted a message on the Microsoft Answers site and they suggested I remove/disable my anti-virus software (I don't have any), disable all devices except the USB stick used to boot the update setup file (I have the Anniv. Update ISO restored to a BluRay disk), and try...
  7. Failed Annniversary Upgrade did restore my previous version OK

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failed Annniversary Upgrade did restore my previous version OK: I've had a difficult time trying to install the Anniversersary upgrade: How to determine what caused Anniversary Update to fail - Windows 10 Forums This time I started with this disk configuration, except I changed the 450MB partition to 500MB and emptied it.: [img]...
  8. Restore old image then upgrade

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old image then upgrade: It seems like a good idea to restore my Win 8.1 installation to a time prior to when I installed a lot of software that I no longer need. So I plan to restore a Windows Image I made last December, then do the upgrade to 10. I plan to use the Media Creation tool Installing...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade fails - Restoring your previous version of Windows

Windows 10 upgrade fails - Restoring your previous version of Windows: Good afternoon. Today I received the Windows 10 update notification on Windows Update, but every time I try to upgrade, after the installation process gets to 75%, the computer reboots like 10 times and then a message saying Restoring your previous version of Windows and...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failing and restoring back win 7

Windows 10 upgrade failing and restoring back win 7: Upgrading a windows 7 32 bit desktop using a dvd to windows 10 failiing everytime it reaches 17%, restarts and begins restoring to previous version i.e windows 7. [img] [img] 100153

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel error loading language resource asus x205t