Windows 10: Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a ex-lease Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF which I upgraded by installing a SSD, GTX 1050ti LP and a new External PSU. After installing the PSU I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrodieEddy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup

Hi,

I bought a ex-lease Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF which I upgraded by installing a SSD, GTX 1050ti LP and a new External PSU. After installing the PSU I switched the display to run off the gpu in the bios so I could game with it. My PC worked wonderfully running lots of games at high framerates. The next day I played some more games on it and then I restarted it (was meant to press sleep but hit restart) and When it started up again the windows logo came up with the circling dots like usual but then it froze. I had to hold the power button to turn off the pc. I booted it up again and the same thing happened So I thought maybe my power supply is faulty so I opened up my pc and tested the psu which was working normally and also reinstalled all parts and cables. It froze again. I turned it on again just to be sure and this time it booted into the automatic repair thing and started diagnosing my pc. It finished and said that it was unable to fix anything. I pressed Advanced options and went through the steps to boot into Safe mode and my pc was able to boot into that fine. I ran my antivirus to see if i had a virus stopping windows form booting but it found nothing. So I did some mucking around with settings and found that in the bios if I changed my display back to the Intel integrated graphics my pc booted normally. I then shut down my pc and started it in the bios again and I switched back to the Gpu and it booted normally again. For two more days it worked normally even if the pc was shut down but I tried going to the microsoft store and it said I had internet which I did so I cleared the cache for the store and restarted my pc. Again I had the same issues with windows loading and doing the switch-er-roo with the gpu and intergrated graphics made it boot fine again. I did a startup repair thing which diagnosed my pc and said reapairing the errors but it failed. I checked the log files and got a error which said '0x490 ... A patch is preventing the system from starting' (I was going to attach the file that said that but it has now overwritten it with another diagnose it did which didnt have the same error). So I dont know wether its the gpu drivers, a corrupted windows install (ex-leases installed it), faulty psu, faulty gpu. Does anyone know if there is a fix to this. Also Sorry for the really long details but I wrote it all down incase any bit shows the problem. Also here is some things that I noticed were off even before installing the SSD, GPU and New PSU. -Windows Smartscreen always fails to load -Microsoft store doesnt load (says no internet) -This issue seems to occur when I restart my pc

:)

BrodieEddy, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup

1. Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup - Similar Threads - Failing Load Startup

2. Failed to load taskbar and settings app on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to load taskbar and settings app on startup: I have a problem with my OS. Every time after restart, I have blank taskbar and cannot open settings appI have massage that no app is associated I find workaround for that issue. I need to open powershell as administrator and execute command Add-AppxPackage...
  3. Failed to load taskbar and settings app on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to load taskbar and settings app on startup: I have a problem with my OS. Every time after restart, I have blank taskbar and cannot open settings appI have massage that no app is associated I find workaround for that issue. I need to open powershell as administrator and execute command Add-AppxPackage...
  4. Windows 10 Fails To Load Taskbar and Startup Programs on Startup... Sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fails To Load Taskbar and Startup Programs on Startup... Sometimes: Hi,I've had a recurring problem that's persisted between systems and I haven't been able to find a permanent solution.Since the recent updates I will occasionally boot my computer with only the wallpaper and the desktop icons loaded up. The taskbar, startup programs like the...
  5. Windows 10 failed to load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 failed to load: I had an issue two days ago where my Asus laptop failed to start when I turned it on. I was able to solve this by going through: advanced options > troubleshooting > refresh keep my files > enter recovery key > choose admin account > enter admin password After this, my...
  6. Windows 10 failing to startup.

Windows 10 failing to startup.: So this has been happening since i dont know around Janurary, and havent done anything since, but i was downloading a visual novel and went to tab to discord, and for some odd reason my pc just kept getting slower and i couldnt do anything, turnt it off and back on and it let...
  7. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: My Dell Inspirion with Windows 10 OS powers on then stalls at the Dell logo and will not proceed to the Windows 10 Desktop screen. Dell technicians performed a thorough review of the computer hardware and their software and found no issues. Dell techs suggested there may...
  8. Windows 10 fail to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fail to load: Just built a new pc: Ryzen 7 2700x Asus Rog Strix B450-F RTX 2080 Samsung 860 Evo SSD Windows 10 usb I have set bios to boot from USB. I get a screen with a grey loading bar saying downloading files. When that is complete it brings me to a screen saying the...
  9. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: Approximately a week ago, my desktop crashed while I was playing a game. I have 2 monitors, the monitor I wasn't using turned to black, while the monitor I was using began to display this mesh of brown and white. Unable to do anything, I restarted my computer. However, the...
  10. Windows 10, failes to load.

Windows 10, failes to load.: So I put my computer to sleep last night and I went to start it today and now it's failing on the repair. The last thing I installed was Visual Studio plug-in for Unity 3D. I'm stuck I can't even restore or repair windows or even reformat it just keeps on saying it fails...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 failing to load