Windows 10: Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options

Discus and support Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI Hope someone can help. My windows 10 disk just stopped working and will now only boot up as far as recovery options. I have tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bonnytidetimes, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options

HI

Hope someone can help.

My windows 10 disk just stopped working and will now only boot up as far as recovery options. I have tried all the recovery options available from reset to auto fix. It errors that it can't complete reset.

Would love some advice on how to approach fixing this in a logical fashion. Really don't want to have to wipe drive unless really have to.

Thanks

Jon

:)

bonnytidetimes, Jun 12, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 recovery options ?.

When the password is wrong and the pin number is wrong is there a way recover the data or even the OS ?.

The extra added issue to this is that the systems running UEFI so no inputs working on boot, so how do you get in to the recovery options.

Could it be as simple as plugging in a USB drive with windows 10 on it and hoping it boots up off it ?. It's the only option not tried as yet as the owner of the system as just got out of hospital wanted to try passwords and pins which seemed to fail every time even though he\she is pretty sure are right.

I am thinking that's the way to go is there any other ways to gain access other than taking the drive out of the system. Data on the system is important too.

AsRock, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Windows 10 fails to boot, none of the recovery options is working

Thank you for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that you can get to the recovery options, start the PC in safe mode to perform the suggestions previously posted.

You can read more about the recovery options in Windows 10 on
    this page
    . Refer to the following links for the next steps after reaching the recovery environment:

Update us so we can guide you further if necessary.

Ruz San, Jun 12, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options

1. Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options - Similar Threads - failing start past

2. No recovery options start from advanced startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No recovery options start from advanced startup menu: hello everyone, I just ran into this problem after I opened my computer case, I did not damage anything or replace anything, I simply just took off my computer case and put it back on. But it took me straight to the boot menu. I have tried every single option and online...
  3. None of Windows 10 recovery options working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    None of Windows 10 recovery options working: I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get past the lock screen, and I can’t - no matter how many times I shut down or restart, the password field never appears. I’ve...
  4. All recovery options fail

All recovery options fail: Hi, Windows 10 fail to start on my laptop. This happened after I replaced the internal DC jack/cable & forgot to connect the touchpad on assembly. I connected a usb mouse and windows started to act a bit weird. after a restart windows wont start. touchpad is now connected...
  5. Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options

Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options: My Windows 10 features the latest updates. My recovery/advanced startup screens, however, lacks both Startup Repair and System Image Recovery options. The second is peculiar as I use System Image Recovery and the control panel says it's working fine. I've had this problem...
  6. Windows would not boot correctly, recovery options appear to have failed.

Windows would not boot correctly, recovery options appear to have failed.: Hello, I encountered an error which prevented Windows from launching, and automatic repair was unable to correct. I have tried to work through the options for recovery (Windows reset, safe mode) but the reset did not complete succesfully. When I try to boot windows now...
  7. recovery disk options

recovery disk options: Hello, neighbour has given us an HP Notebook to mend, which belongs to his young daughter. I am not a Windows 10 person. The error message - with various bug numbers - is Unable to boot, error code: 0xc0000001, you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation...
  8. Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start: Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017, failed to start, can't remember the error message, something about starting from a floppy, I think. So booted from true image disk and deactvated the F11 option, now I cannot get my PC to boot.... [img] This is the...
  9. W10 recovery options.

W10 recovery options.: Got a HP 15-bw024na laptop for my mother, and want to do a recovery installing Windows only without all the third party crap. I'll lose AMD settings and AMD software apps in the process. I'm assuming this couldn't possibly wreck the machine? 106876
  10. Recovery options gone ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery options gone ?: What I'm expecting: [img] What I get: [img] Hello! I just discover that my recovery options have disappeared, leaving me with the only option to Turn Off my PC instead of the usual "Reset your PC or see advanced options". I enclove two snapshots: One with the...