Windows 10: Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

Discus and support Windows 10 fails clean install on new build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am working on building a new gaming PC, and am trying to install a copy of windows 10 using the USB tool. After creating a partition and unpacking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricB89, Jan 13, 2021.

1. EricB89 Win User

Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

I am working on building a new gaming PC, and am trying to install a copy of windows 10 using the USB tool. After creating a partition and unpacking files, the installer goes to reset. While in the "getting devices ready" stage, it is routinely failing install, and giving different BSoD errors, it fails and tells me that windows 10 cant initialize and to restart the install.

I have flashed the bios and followed recommendations of a variety of other people with similar problems. In looking to see if anyone has further insight. Computer parts list is below.

Asus tuf gaming H470 PRO wifi

Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200

Samsung 970 evo 1tb SSD

MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC 8GB GDDR6

G.SKILL 32GB 2x16 Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz

EVGA 220-GA-0750-X1 Super Nova 750 Ga

:)

EricB89, Jan 13, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 13, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

1. Windows 10 fails clean install on new build - Similar Threads - fails clean install

2. Blue screens and crashes preventing Windows 10 clean install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screens and crashes preventing Windows 10 clean install on new build: Good day.I'm trying to install Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a new PC build with the following hardware:Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H BIOS version F52RAM: Crucial CT8G4DFRA32A 8GB DDR4CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100GPU: R9 280xDrive: Intenso 512GB SATA 3 SSDI'm using a legit Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 Clean Install Failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Clean Install Failing: I have the current setup: MoBo: ASRock X570 Steel Legend (AM4) CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: GTX960 RAM: 16Gb Patriot Viper 3200MHz 2x8Gb Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 Tb M.2 NVME All devices are seen in BIOS. I am booting with a Windows 10 bootable USB device, created using the...
  4. Failed Windows 10 Clean Install...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed Windows 10 Clean Install...: Jesus Christ, my high-end PC might be in a really bad state. Could be a really bad virus. I tried to startup repair. PC restarts with a black screen. I tried to uninstall the previous Windows update. Black screen. Latest windows update won't install and comes out with an...
  5. Failing clean Windows 10 Install

Failing clean Windows 10 Install: Hello. I am at my wit's end with trying to figure out why I can't get a clean install of Windows 10. Figured I'd try this before taking to the shop to spend money I don't have :) I have a HP 14-AL062NR laptop. I've had it for a few years and used it heavily. About a month...
  6. Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build: Hello I've just built a new PC for myself. Not a beginner with this - built close to 50 pc's over many years so, here goes.. Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.0GHz RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 2 x 8Gb CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 Kingston 480Gb SSD...
  7. Windows 10 install fails on new PC build

Windows 10 install fails on new PC build: Hello everyone. Im hoping someone has ideas on how to help me out. Im trying to install Windows 10 via usb. I’ve tried my purchased copy as well as a new copy that i created using Microsoft Media tool. Every time i set the usb to the top of the bios boot list and reboot it...
  8. New build - How perform a clean Windows 10

New build - How perform a clean Windows 10: To all, I just received all of the parts for my new PC. I had planned on installing Windows 7 Professional that I bought for my previous PC that I also built. After doing some research I have decided to go ahead and use Windows 10 based on it's support for newer hardware....
  9. clean install of Windows 10 fails

clean install of Windows 10 fails: Hi all, This is my first time posting in the forums and i am hoping you all will be able to help me. I am using the "Clean Install" guide from TenForums found here. During the installation when i arrive to step 13b (Windows Setup will automatically create the 4...
  10. New Build PC - Clean Install Windows 10 on unactivated PC

New Build PC - Clean Install Windows 10 on unactivated PC: I am building a new PC from scratch and I have a Retail DVD of Windows 8.1 Pro that is currently not installed on anything. I had bought this DVD right after 8.1 came out, and installed it on another PC that had Windows 7 previously, but then reverted back to Windows 7. So...