Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I installed Manjaro Linux alongside the Windows 10 partition on my C drive, I haven't been able to boot into Windows. For some odd reason,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bart0s, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Bart0s Win User

Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.

After I installed Manjaro Linux alongside the Windows 10 partition on my C drive, I haven't been able to boot into Windows.

For some odd reason, Windows is being listed in both sda1 and sdb1 which I have tried booting from.

Instead of launching properly I get 1 of these three:

• Vague BSOD
    • A loading screen telling me that it is fixing the issue, but nothing ever happens.
    • Repair options

Here is what I've tried:

• Installing Windows 10 on an USB using Rufus.
    • Running boot troubleshoot from both the main drive and the live USB.
    • Using the "Fix Windows from ISO file" option on the main drive and the USB. It fails to recognize the USB.

Additional information:

Latest version of Manjaro KDE Plasma derived from Arch Linux downloaded from the same USB mentioned before using the installer and the "Install alongside" option.

:)

Bart0s, Nov 11, 2020

2. Install windows alongside linux

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the answer, but it got me worried more. Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition. :(

Since I bought the laptop as Windows 8.1, and then updated it to Windows 10 Home Single Language, will it be activated automatically if I install Windows 10 1909? I am getting no chance to choose language option in your linked site, and also the windows
    version is very different.

Second, since there is this doubt of whether it'll be activated or not, I was thinking to go for the dual boot anyway. You warned about long run problems, and I actually faced those when I tried earlier to dual boot linux alongside Windows. However, I want
    to have a working operating system, so I don't want to override the Manjaro installation. Can you please suggest the steps to do a dual boot with Linux first and Windows later? I never did that before, and there are numerous questions online about possible
    bootloader problem afterwards.

Thanks.

Anirban Ray, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Wile E Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition. - Similar Threads - fails boot installing

2. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.: So, I want to install Windows 10 on my PC that currently runs Linux Mint but I don't want to remove Linux mint or have to reinstall Linux mint. Anything I can do? All of the websites I find are just installing Windows 10 over Linux and just reinstalling Linux. I don't want to...
  3. my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside

my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside: hellofew days ago I tried to install ubuntu in my legacy bios laptop. but I failed to install. then I saw a youtube video and had installed successfully ubuntu only after deleting EFI folder from LiveUsb. But after completing the installation of ubuntu, my windows 10 is not...
  4. Install windows alongside linux

Install windows alongside linux: Hi! I bought a Dell laptop in 2015 with Windows 8.1 preinstalled. I updated it to Windows 10 later that year, and was using that ever since. Last Friday, I updated it to Windows 10 version 2004. I did it from Windows update directly, didn't do any manual installation....
  5. Installed Linux in windows partition!

Installed Linux in windows partition!: Helllo guys, I have installed linux for college purposes. While doing so I've chosen the wrong partition and installed in main windows drive. Now when I try to boot it up, "Advanced repair options" comes up and i'm unable to get the windows back. Please help me to get...
  6. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  7. Broken Windows 10 MBR bootloader after failed linux dual-boot installation

Broken Windows 10 MBR bootloader after failed linux dual-boot installation: Bit of backstory: I have an old Dell Inspiron n5001 laptop and decided to install Manjaro linux after a while on a spare hdd laying around plugged in the cd/dvd reader slot using adapter. I flash my usb with the gui installer, thinking it would be easier than cli....
  8. Can’t boot neither Windows or Linux after installing Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t boot neither Windows or Linux after installing Linux: submitted by /u/Tidalikk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7e5wo/cant_boot_neither_windows_or_linux_after/
  9. [Help] I was trying to install Kali Linux alongside Windows 10 and got this error after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] I was trying to install Kali Linux alongside Windows 10 and got this error after...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BombDatGamer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dyrcw1/help_i_was_trying_to_install_kali_linux_alongside/
  10. Several orphaned drive partitions after failed linux dual boot install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several orphaned drive partitions after failed linux dual boot install: Partitions can be merged only when next to each other.