Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to boot

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 installation will no longer boot and none of the repair options work. They system will not boot in any version of safe mode, startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Draken1331, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 fails to boot

My windows 10 installation will no longer boot and none of the repair options work. They system will not boot in any version of safe mode, startup repair fails, system restore fails, and even resetting fails. It appears that the system can't find the drive, even though it does show up using command prompt. I have no log files because Windows says it can't write them. I also could not do a clean install on the drive for some reason, even on a different drive, probably due to something with the UEFI partitions. The only way I was able to reinstall Win 10 was to physically disconnect all of the HDs from the system except the one I was installing to, delete all the partitions, the start from scratch. I'm pretty sure I know what caused the problem, which is that I attempted to connect an old ATAPI Iomega Zip drive to the system through USB. It seems that the software, running in Win XP comparability mode made a change to the startup, and probably to the registry.

What I would like to know, is if there is either some way to fix the broken installation from within the working one, or if not, some way to import my settings from the broken install? I have reconnected all of the drives I had before, including the one with the bad Win 10 install, and they are working. I use a separate drive for program installations, but I know that some files are installed on the Windows drive to allow them to function. My biggest concern is that I have some programs that had a single use license and I need to be able to retrieve that information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Draken1331, Jan 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 fails to boot

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to boot

1. Windows 10 fails to boot - Similar Threads - fails boot

2. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  3. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  4. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  6. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  7. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it: My Microsoft surface laptop with Windows 10 can not boot up . What should I do to recover from it. Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-surface-windows-10-failed-to-boot-up/7ec836e7-3f08-4c91-8926-e928095d6207
  9. My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it

My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it: My Microsoft surface laptop with Windows 10 can not boot up . What should I do to recover from it. Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-surface-windows-10-failed-to-boot-up/7ec836e7-3f08-4c91-8926-e928095d6207
  10. My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging