Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, It took me a while to figure out what was going on. In short, as the title says, Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexRamzanov, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify

Hello,

It took me a while to figure out what was going on. In short, as the title says, Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with User Account Control UAC settings on the highest setting most secure, i.e. "Always notify".

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open User Account Control settings, configure it to the highest option most secure, i.e. "Always notify", and confirm the change clicking the "OK" button.

2. Open Language settings, click the "Add a language" button, select "Japanese" from the list, click "Next", and then click "Install".

3. Click the just installed "Japanese" "" language, and then click the "Options" button.

4. Click on any of the "Download" buttons for the language features "Basic typing", "Handwriting", or "Speech".

5. PROBLEM Nothing happens besides the buttons being visually "clicked". No language features are installed. Windows 10 fails.

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify d2af61c8-6a14-4adc-8c4c-0197418d1d94?upload=true.png

Additional Info

• "Japanese" language was used as an example.
    • Windows 10 information:
      • Edition: Windows 10 Pro
      • Version: 1903
      • OS build: 18362.329
    • What seems to be going on: Windows 10 settings should call the elevation overlay but does not or fails to do so, thus the operations silently fail showing no feedback or error messages.

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify e5f4e397-4af0-4f00-bd0e-95be9c7b18bc?upload=true.png

:)

AlexRamzanov, Dec 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify"

Hello,

It took me a while to figure out what was going on. In short, as the title says,
    Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with User Account Control (UAC) settings on the highest setting (most secure, i.e. "Always notify").

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open User Account Control settings, configure it to the highest option (most secure, i.e. "Always notify"), and confirm the change clicking the "OK" button.

2. Open Language settings, click the "Add a language" button, select "Japanese" from the list, click "Next", and then click "Install".

3. Click the just installed "Japanese" ("日本語") language, and then click the "Options" button.

4. Click on any of the "Download" buttons for the language features "Basic typing", "Handwriting", or "Speech".

5. [PROBLEM]
    Nothing happens besides the buttons being visually "clicked". No language features are installed. Windows 10 fails.

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify 606ae055-cfbb-428f-96de-55948abf8947?upload=true.png

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify 721f7f13-eaf4-47b7-a90a-4560f724f9f2?upload=true.png

Additional info:

• Version: 1809
      • OS build: 17763.503
    • What seems to be going on: Windows 10 settings should call the elevation overlay but does not (or fails to do so), thus the operations silently fail showing no feedback or error messages.

Best regards,

André Antunes da Cunha, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify"

Hello,

My
    initial question was closed without the issue being addressed
    , so I am creating a new one exactly with the same content as the previous one besides the Windows 10 version, because it has now been verified on latest Windows 10 version (1903).
    The issue and the steps to reproduce remain exactly the same.

================================

Hello,

It took me a while to figure out what was going on. In short, as the title says,
    Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with User Account Control (UAC) settings on the highest setting (most secure, i.e. "Always notify").

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open User Account Control settings, configure it to the highest option (most secure, i.e. "Always notify"), and confirm the change clicking the "OK" button.

3. Click the just installed "Japanese" ("日本語") language, and then click the "Options" button.

5. (PROBLEM) Nothing happens besides the buttons being visually "clicked". No language features are installed. Windows 10 fails.

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify e5f4e397-4af0-4f00-bd0e-95be9c7b18bc?upload=true.png

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify d2af61c8-6a14-4adc-8c4c-0197418d1d94?upload=true.png

Additional Info

• Version: 1903
      • OS build: 18362.329
    • What seems to be going on: Windows 10 settings should call the elevation overlay but does not (or fails to do so), thus the operations silently fail showing no feedback or error messages.

Best regards,

4. Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify"

Hello Andre,

I am not trying to translate or change Windows 10 language.

What I am trying to achieve is: install new language features (e.g. Japanese "Basic typing") through Windows 10 graphical user interface while User Account Control (UAC) settings are on the highest setting. The steps are described and included on the post.

I have not yet tried on Windows 10 version 1903; it is indeed a good suggestion and I will do so on the first opportunity.

Were you able to follow the steps I provided and reproduce the problem on Windows 10 version 1903? Note that the first step is particularly important.

Best regards,

Thema:

Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify

1. Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify - Similar Threads - fails install language

2. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  3. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  4. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...: I understand that in a corporate environment the need to avoid using a PC as a local admin, and that you should use the PC as a standard user for day-to-day use. However, my home PC is different because it was set up with my Microsoft account and thus my user "is" the admin....
  6. When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using Windows as an admin, will elevating the UAC to "Always Notify" enable the same...: I understand that in a corporate environment the need to avoid using a PC as a local admin, and that you should use the PC as a standard user for day-to-day use. However, my home PC is different because it was set up with my Microsoft account and thus my user "is" the admin....
  7. Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?: Seems like the recommendation is to use a user account when logging to leaving the admin account to make changes to the computer. However, if the UAC (user access control) is set to always notify and the registry is set to always require a password. Does this fulfil the same...
  8. Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify": Hello, My initial question was closed without the issue being addressed, so I am creating a new one exactly with the same content as the previous one besides the Windows 10 version, because it has now been verified on latest Windows 10 version (1903). The issue and the...
  9. Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with UAC on "Always notify": Hello, It took me a while to figure out what was going on. In short, as the title says, Windows 10 fails to install language features properly with User Account Control (UAC) settings on the highest setting (most secure, i.e. "Always notify"). Steps to reproduce: 1....
  10. Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify): It's easy to do Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials (Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account = Enabled). It works for a few reboots. Then it's magically back to Disabled (and action center says "You must...