Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I've just built a new PC for myself. Not a beginner with this - built close to 50 pc's over many years so, here goes.. Motherboard: Asus ROG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter Jones (peter)1, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build

Hello

I've just built a new PC for myself. Not a beginner with this - built close to 50 pc's over many years so, here goes..

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H

CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.0GHz

RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 2 x 8Gb CMW16GX4M2C3000C15

Kingston 480Gb SSD SA400S37

Western Digital Blue 2Tb SATA drive

Pioneer SATA Optical drive - salvaged from my old PC and in temporary use only.

I do have an Asus Geforce GTX1660 GPU but haven't put it in yet.

PSU is a Corsair RM850

Windows 10 Pro 64 OEM DVD is my install media. Just purchased with the rest of my hardware.

Computer powers on just fine, passes all it's POSTs and it lets me go in to the BIOS. I've selected the option to allow boot from legacy and UEFI devices and made sure the Pioneer VD is at the top of the list. I put the windows disk in the DVD drive, save and reboot and the screen comes up to press any key to boot from CD which I do, it goes to the blue flag screen, the dots start chasing around the circle for about ten seconds then they stop, the DVD spins down and shortly after I get a BSOD with no error codes - just 'machine check exception' and it hangs there. Only option is to hard power off. No drivers loaded - haven't got that far. No BIOS updates done - haven't got that far. Can't boot into safe mode - doesn't get that far. Nothing I can see in the BIOS indicates there is a problem with any hardware - RAM all appears to be good and I haven't overclocked it. CPU temp is sitting around 35C which is way cool. Nothing to indicate a problem but Windows seems to be unhappy with something.

Would appreciate some suggestions?

:)

Peter Jones (peter)1, Dec 3, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 3, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build

1. Windows 10 fails to install on new pc build - Similar Threads - fails install build

2. Windows 10 Won't install on new pc build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't install on new pc build: I have seen questions with similar issues but the suggested fixes haven't worked for me. I just finished building a pc with the following specs: ryzen 7 5800x B550 ds3h motherboard Radeon RX 580 GPU Vengeance pro 32gb ram in slots 2 and 4 as specified in the manual EVGA...
  3. Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

Windows 10 fails clean install on new build: I am working on building a new gaming PC, and am trying to install a copy of windows 10 using the USB tool. After creating a partition and unpacking files, the installer goes to reset. While in the "getting devices ready" stage, it is routinely failing install, and giving...
  4. installing Windows 10 on a new PC build

installing Windows 10 on a new PC build: I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my new PC build. I have re-prioritized the boot preferences to the USB key, and when I try to install the 64 bit installation it says loading files, but then it freezes on the blue window pane. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build

Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a gaming PC that I've built. Here are the specs: Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-I CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB x2 M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SATA SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB GPU: PowerColor AXRX...
  6. Windows 10 wont install on new PC build

Windows 10 wont install on new PC build: Hi, i recently built a new pc with a msi b450m pro vdh max motherboard. When i try install windows 10 64bit from my usb to the pc it gives me a yellow/orange screen with white vertical lines but when i press enter it flickers between the windows logo and the orange screen,...
  7. Installing Windows 10 on a new PC build

Installing Windows 10 on a new PC build: I recently built a new gaming computer and I am trying to install windows 10, but I'm running into a number of issues. All these issues combined have prevented me for getting windows installed. Windows not finding my HDD (Western Digital Blue 1TB) - I was able to solve...
  8. New Build PC: Windows 10 Freezes on Install

New Build PC: Windows 10 Freezes on Install: Hi there, I have recently built a new PC with the following components: Intel Core i7 9700K ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E NVIDIA RTX2080 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Corsair H100i Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe Corsair RM650X The build passes post and I can access BIOS...
  9. Fail to activate Windows 10 on my new PC build

Fail to activate Windows 10 on my new PC build: I currently obsolete my 7 years old PC and moving to a new build. I do the following as suggested by Microsoft but it is not working to correctly activate my Windows 10 Pro on my new build. 1. on the old PC, sign in Microsoft Account and get the Windows linked to the...
  10. Windows 10 install fails on new PC build

Windows 10 install fails on new PC build: Hello everyone. Im hoping someone has ideas on how to help me out. Im trying to install Windows 10 via usb. I’ve tried my purchased copy as well as a new copy that i created using Microsoft Media tool. Every time i set the usb to the top of the bios boot list and reboot it...