Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I am having a persistent problem with Windows 10 that I need help with Just about every computer start takes two attempts to complete, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul80, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Paul80 Win User

Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons

Hi all

I am having a persistent problem with Windows 10 that I need help with

Just about every computer start takes two attempts to complete, the first start fails to load any desktop icons and just sits there with a spinning progress icon and nothing can be started. I have to do a Control/Alt/delete and select restart, which it does and then that time it all starts ok with no other issues all day long.

Anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks for any help

Paul

:)

Paul80, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Shadow39 Win User

Laptop slow, Windows 10

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10 that is 6 months old. A couple of days ago when powering up the laptop, it populated the taskbar, but failed to load the desktop icons immediately. It took several minutes for the desktop to populate, additionally
    it took several minutes for google chrome to load, the same for IE. Clicking on the windows start up in the lower left corner only produced the waiting circle.

It has not changed even after shutdown and restart.

Any ideas?

Shadow39, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Desktop Icons not showing on Start up

Within in the last couple of days the desktop icons are not loading when starting Win 10. I have to restart the computer to get the desktop icons to appear.

I start the computer, the Windows log-in screen appears, enter password and then it loads but no desktop icons will appear but the lower taskbar will load and show.

Why is this happening? I've had no problems with Win 10 since installing it back in July but for some reason am having this issue now.

How do I fix this problem?

Thank you,

Julia

Juliadlf-NY, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons

1. Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons - Similar Threads - fails load desktop

2. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameHeres an imageYesterday, the icon for the Microsoft...
  3. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  4. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  5. Windows 10 failed to load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 failed to load: I had an issue two days ago where my Asus laptop failed to start when I turned it on. I was able to solve this by going through: advanced options > troubleshooting > refresh keep my files > enter recovery key > choose admin account > enter admin password After this, my...
  6. Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Desktop not responding, taskbar icons not loading: So today when I went and turned on my computer, all my icons that are pinned to my taskbar is gone, and when I try to click on the icons on my desktop, nothing happens the computer worked perfectly yesterday I have searched on YouTube for solutions l but nothing worked....
  7. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: My Dell Inspirion with Windows 10 OS powers on then stalls at the Dell logo and will not proceed to the Windows 10 Desktop screen. Dell technicians performed a thorough review of the computer hardware and their software and found no issues. Dell techs suggested there may...
  8. Windows 10 fail to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fail to load: Just built a new pc: Ryzen 7 2700x Asus Rog Strix B450-F RTX 2080 Samsung 860 Evo SSD Windows 10 usb I have set bios to boot from USB. I get a screen with a grey loading bar saying downloading files. When that is complete it brings me to a screen saying the...
  9. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: Approximately a week ago, my desktop crashed while I was playing a game. I have 2 monitors, the monitor I wasn't using turned to black, while the monitor I was using began to display this mesh of brown and white. Unable to do anything, I restarted my computer. However, the...
  10. Windows 10, failes to load.

Windows 10, failes to load.: So I put my computer to sleep last night and I went to start it today and now it's failing on the repair. The last thing I installed was Visual Studio plug-in for Unity 3D. I'm stuck I can't even restore or repair windows or even reformat it just keeps on saying it fails...