Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I am having a persistent problem with Windows 10 that I need help with Just about every computer start takes two attempts to complete, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul80, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Paul80 Win User

Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons

Hi all

I am having a persistent problem with Windows 10 that I need help with

Just about every computer start takes two attempts to complete, the first start fails to load any desktop icons and just sits there with a spinning progress icon and nothing can be started. I have to do a Control/Alt/delete and select restart, which it does and then that time it all starts ok with no other issues all day long.

Anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks for any help

Paul

:)

Paul80, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Shadow39 Win User

Laptop slow, Windows 10

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10 that is 6 months old. A couple of days ago when powering up the laptop, it populated the taskbar, but failed to load the desktop icons immediately. It took several minutes for the desktop to populate, additionally
    it took several minutes for google chrome to load, the same for IE. Clicking on the windows start up in the lower left corner only produced the waiting circle.

It has not changed even after shutdown and restart.

Any ideas?

Shadow39, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Desktop Icons not showing on Start up

Within in the last couple of days the desktop icons are not loading when starting Win 10. I have to restart the computer to get the desktop icons to appear.

I start the computer, the Windows log-in screen appears, enter password and then it loads but no desktop icons will appear but the lower taskbar will load and show.

Why is this happening? I've had no problems with Win 10 since installing it back in July but for some reason am having this issue now.

How do I fix this problem?

Thank you,

Julia

Juliadlf-NY, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons

1. Windows 10 fails to load desktop icons - Similar Threads - fails load desktop

2. Windows 10 fail to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fail to load: Just built a new pc: Ryzen 7 2700x Asus Rog Strix B450-F RTX 2080 Samsung 860 Evo SSD Windows 10 usb I have set bios to boot from USB. I get a screen with a grey loading bar saying downloading files. When that is complete it brings me to a screen saying the...
  3. Windows 10 starts then fails to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starts then fails to load: My computer does not finish booting up. It starts, goes through the bios screen, shows the light blue windows icon, then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I have a SSD where Win10 is installed, and I have a regular 2nd hard drive. I used a different Win10 computer...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons: My desktop icons will look like they are overlapping, and when I switch to the desktop and try to move one, its like its locked up. If I wait 30 seconds to a minute the desktop refreshes and they go back to the way the should be, and I can select them and/or move if I need...
  5. Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Failing to Load on Startup: Hi, I bought a ex-lease Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF which I upgraded by installing a SSD, GTX 1050ti LP and a new External PSU. After installing the PSU I switched the display to run off the gpu in the bios so I could game with it. My PC worked wonderfully running lots of games...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Icons .....

Windows 10 Desktop Icons .....: I recently bought a new laptop and am having my first experience with Windows 10. My old HP laptop was about three months too old to upgrade to Windows 10 - drivers not updated by HP. This is a home computer. All my icons want to stay on the left side of the desktop. In...
  7. Windows 10 Update, laptop now fails to load desktop or do anything

Windows 10 Update, laptop now fails to load desktop or do anything: Finally managed to clear enough space to download an update to try to fix other problems. Killed the whole thing. I get the log-in screen fine, and I can log in using my password. but the I get a white box with this message: Location is not available...
  8. Windows desktop not loading

Windows desktop not loading: Hello, I have an issue on Windows 10, After I log into my PC, I find that nothing loads. I can select an app for the taskbar but the icons are invisible. I can't access the taskbar again until I close the app, I can load up task manager but it just crashes. After 4-7 hours...
  9. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: Approximately a week ago, my desktop crashed while I was playing a game. I have 2 monitors, the monitor I wasn't using turned to black, while the monitor I was using began to display this mesh of brown and white. Unable to do anything, I restarted my computer. However, the...
  10. Windows 10, failes to load.

Windows 10, failes to load.: So I put my computer to sleep last night and I went to start it today and now it's failing on the repair. The last thing I installed was Visual Studio plug-in for Unity 3D. I'm stuck I can't even restore or repair windows or even reformat it just keeps on saying it fails...