Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to load my account.

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to load my account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Since today (one hour ago) my installation of Windows 10 (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) fails to load my accounts settings. There are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by L0r3nzo0, Sep 25, 2019.

1. L0r3nzo0 Win User

Windows 10 fails to load my account.

Hi everyone.

Since today (one hour ago) my installation of Windows 10 (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) fails to load my accounts settings.

There are currently three users as listed under Local Disk->Users: my account, Public and TEMP. which seems to be appeared today by itself. When I log in into my account with my account's password, Windows loads TEMP's settings and thus I find myself with all personal settings (desktop, icons, program and windows settings) reset.

Additionally I can browse the Local Disk->Users->my account folder structure and everything seems to be there. Windows just doesn't load it properly. I tried restarting several times to no avail.

Help in properly restoring my account would be appreciated.

P.S.: I should mention that yesterday I logged in to my account from another synchronized pc (which I can't access now) and an update installed. However, afterwards, in the evening, I correctly logged in from this pc and everything was still fine.

:)

L0r3nzo0, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 fails to load my account. :(

Zakin, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 fails to load my account.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to load my account.

1. Windows 10 fails to load my account. - Similar Threads - fails load account

2. Reset windows 10, but my old account still exists and fails to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset windows 10, but my old account still exists and fails to load: I am experiencing a really frustrating issue. I wanted to start fresh on my pc so I performed a factory reset. Everything went as planned only the startup page still shows my old account. When I try to sign into the account it shows an error saying the account failed to load....
  3. Reset windows 10, but my old account still exists and fails to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset windows 10, but my old account still exists and fails to load: I am experiencing a really frustrating issue. I wanted to start fresh on my pc so I performed a factory reset. Everything went as planned only the startup page still shows my old account. When I try to sign into the account it shows an error saying the account failed to load....
  4. Reset windows 10, but my old account still exists and fails to load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 failed to load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 failed to load: I had an issue two days ago where my Asus laptop failed to start when I turned it on. I was able to solve this by going through: advanced options > troubleshooting > refresh keep my files > enter recovery key > choose admin account > enter admin password After this, my...
  6. Windows 10 Fails to Load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fails to Load: My Dell Inspirion with Windows 10 OS powers on then stalls at the Dell logo and will not proceed to the Windows 10 Desktop screen. Dell technicians performed a thorough review of the computer hardware and their software and found no issues. Dell techs suggested there may...
  7. Windows 10 fail to load

Windows 10 fail to load: Just built a new pc: Ryzen 7 2700x Asus Rog Strix B450-F RTX 2080 Samsung 860 Evo SSD Windows 10 usb I have set bios to boot from USB. I get a screen with a grey loading bar saying downloading files. When that is complete it brings me to a screen saying the...
  8. Windows 10 starts then fails to load

Windows 10 starts then fails to load: My computer does not finish booting up. It starts, goes through the bios screen, shows the light blue windows icon, then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I have a SSD where Win10 is installed, and I have a regular 2nd hard drive. I used a different Win10 computer...
  9. Windows 10 Fails to Load

Windows 10 Fails to Load: Approximately a week ago, my desktop crashed while I was playing a game. I have 2 monitors, the monitor I wasn't using turned to black, while the monitor I was using began to display this mesh of brown and white. Unable to do anything, I restarted my computer. However, the...
  10. Windows 10, failes to load.

Windows 10, failes to load.: So I put my computer to sleep last night and I went to start it today and now it's failing on the repair. The last thing I installed was Visual Studio plug-in for Unity 3D. I'm stuck I can't even restore or repair windows or even reformat it just keeps on saying it fails...