Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First about the device: It's a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5209 laptop from 2012. It came preloaded with Win7 Home Premium, I upgraded to Win10 Home in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MilutinMiljanić, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

First about the device:

It's a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5209 laptop from 2012. It came preloaded with Win7 Home Premium, I upgraded to Win10 Home in free upgrade program. It's battery can't charge, I'm using it only pluged-in. It appeares to have some software Wi-Fi issues recently (main reason for the update), so I plug the ethernet cable when I need connection. I changed the screen few years ago since it was broken.

The mailfunction on which I need help:

It just won't update. I run the update assistant, he downloads the update, bla bla, laptop restarts to install updates. I leave it around 18%. When I came back later, it was back on desktop with a simple error message that update failed. No error code, no additional explanation, nothing. Just OK button.

Could someone know the reason? I'm still stuck on the 1603 version... I could install the newest version with the clean iso from the website, but wouldn't I lose the license?

:)

MilutinMiljanić, Jan 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 5, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 5, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

1. Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop - Similar Threads - fails update Toshiba

2. TOSHIBA fails to update WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TOSHIBA fails to update WINDOW 10: As the title says my Toshiba Satellite c55t-c5300 fails to update Window 10 since 2018. And why am I asking this in 2021? Because since 2018 I haven't had access to the internet till a few months ago so my computer wasn't able to download updates until now. In Window...
  3. Toshiba satellite laptop windows 10

Toshiba satellite laptop windows 10: A corrupt update is in my restore and I cant restore or do anything because it wipe out my computer but i can still get on it what can i do to fix it Toshiba satellite laptop...
  4. Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.: Rebooting and coming up with stopcode WHEA uncorrectable error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-giving-problems-on-my-toshiba-laptop/857d8f6d-9376-498e-bf13-0fe94e63551f
  5. Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10

Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10: does Toshiba Satelite A665 laptop which has Windows 7 support upgrade to Windows 10 well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-for-windows-10/0408a66a-f509-4a1f-a66a-4daa8f7967ee
  6. Toshiba Laptop will not load Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba Laptop will not load Windows 10: Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop - L50-B-1NL. When I switch my laptop on I get the Toshiba screen but then the dots that go in a circle then the screen goes black. If I move my mouse the blue waiting circle appears or sometimes the arrow cursor. I have looked at the help pages...
  7. Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop: Hi, hope someone can help me! I left my laptop on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to use it in the morning it was frozen on a black screen. When I rebooted it, it tried to run automatic repair and has been in a loop ever since. I can get to a command prompt and...
  8. My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device": my laptop will not com on but it is giving me "no bootable device". Also my setup utility setting has enabling buttons but no automatic reset up. And it is sending a message regarding Realtek....
  9. Windows 10 update for Toshiba laptop fries apps

Windows 10 update for Toshiba laptop fries apps: After one of the Windows updates my Toshiba files for support, Service Station apps, Media all disappeared. They still show up as programs but the files are shown as empty. Cannot get help from Toshiba because I cannot reregister because they say my email is already...
  10. Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop: Can someone please get me a list of the required drivers for Windows 10 for my Toshiba laptop. Also, can someone please assist me with my Toshiba Face Recognition feature? Whenever I try to unlock my computer with my face, it is not recognizing it. There has to be a reason...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. issue upgrading windows 10 toshiba satellite

2. windows update for toshiba

3. toshiba satelitte C655D issues after windows 10 upgrade

4. windows update crashed my toshiba satellite,
  5. may 2019 windows update crashed my toshiba laptop