Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to utilize the second HDD for virtual memory

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to utilize the second HDD for virtual memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What do I miss? Why does it offer options that are non-existent?Hi everyone,I have recently bought a new laptop, with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adam Bajger, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 fails to utilize the second HDD for virtual memory

What do I miss? Why does it offer options that are non-existent?Hi everyone,I have recently bought a new laptop, with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD as a disc labeled "C", as usual. Later I added another disk, HDD this time, and set up my system to use the least allowed amount of C my SSD system disc for pagefile.sys and to use standard recommended space on the other disc HDD data disc for pagefile.sys.I was not able to entirely disable paging file on C, because when I did it, my PC started BSoDing every now and then and after reboot, it was warning me that temporary pagefile was created on

:)

Adam Bajger, Jul 19, 2021

2. Virtual Memory

This question has been answered before—but I can never really get a definitive answer. So here goes....

Currently, I have 12 GB of RAM in my machine. Windows, on its own, has made the page file the same size. From what I've read, people suggest the page file be either 1.5x-2x the amount of ram. My question... is there a sweet spot where you can disable virtual memory? Say like if you have 32 GB. Also, since paging happens quite often, it's a no-no to have the page file on an SSD, right? So, in a system with SSD and HDD, and say you still need virtual memory, it should be placed on the HDD instead?

GoFigureItOut, Jul 19, 2021
  3. My second hdd doesnt show up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
      Troubleshooting. Thenclick on
      View All on the left panel of the screen.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next andfollow the instructions.
    • If the issues still persist, refer to the below methods.

If the issue persists follow the suggestions provide by the
    Anil Madishetty
    from the below link..

second HDD not detected in windows 10

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 fails to utilize the second HDD for virtual memory

increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 fails to utilize the second HDD for virtual memory

1. Windows 10 fails to utilize the second HDD for virtual memory - Similar Threads - fails utilize second

2. windows 10 100 hdd utilization.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 100 hdd utilization.: hey there i have a problem with my lenovo ideapad s340 intel i3 10th gen, 4gb of ram and 1tb of HDD. the laptop is lagging a lot and it takes 5 minutes to boot, when I checked my task manager it says that my hhd utilization is at 100%. I tried everything but nothing worked I...
  3. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual memory: Hello all hope every one is having a good Day/Night I have a Asus IntelR CoreTM i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz with 24 gig of ram With a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TiI Play Games mostly on my pc like The Witcher series, Fallout series, Borderlands Series & Red Dead Redemption 2 ....
  4. Memory utilization

Memory utilization: Having a difficult time accounting for memory utilization on our virtual desktops.Each machine is allocated 16 GB of RAM with a 2 GB fixed size page file.An idle machine is displaying between 72% - 75% Used Physical Memory.Physical Memory in use - approx. 12,000 MDPhysical...
  5. Windows 10 virtual memory

Windows 10 virtual memory: So I've got 32GB of RAM, 38% of it is used, still Windows thinks it necessary to wreak havoc on my poor HDD instead? That poor baby's moaning and groaning away at 100% while running some memory intensive programs, meanwhile my RAM which is specifically designed for that task...
  6. High Memory Utilization

High Memory Utilization: Just today, I noticed my games were running slower and I saw that my system memory was higher than normal. Just idle I use about 5.5gb/ 8gb of my system memory. So playing games and having tabs open do not run normally. This is a relatively new HP OMEN. Anyone have any...
  7. Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory

Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory: What do I miss? Why does it offer options that are non-existent? Hi there, I have recently bought a new laptop, with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD as a disc labeled "C" for windows. Later I added another disk, HDD this time, and set up my system to use the least allowed amount...
  8. Virtual memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual memory: Hi guys, I'm trying to clear up some space on my SSD to install some games and I've noticed that my virtual memory is taking up 244GB !! I feel like this is highly irregular as all I can find online is about upping the virtual memory size. I'd like to reduce this, but I'm not...
  9. Windows fails to detect my second HDD properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows fails to detect my second HDD properly: I need help as I am experiencing what is the weirdest Windows glitch I have ever seen. Sorry for the wall of text, but you need all the context to understand what's happening. Today, I installed a new GPU. Everything was running fine and worked perfectly, no issues. I turned...
  10. Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory

Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory: Hi there, I have recently bought a new laptop, with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD as a disc labeled "C" for windows. Later I added another disk, HDD this time, and set up my system to use the least allowed amount of C my SSD system disc for pagefile.sys and to use standard...