Windows 10: Windows 10 fake updating

Discus and support Windows 10 fake updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everyday my laptop tells me I need to update Windows 10, and I've done it 3 times now. It takes a long time, it restarts multiple times, eventually it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Brown_6, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 fake updating

Everyday my laptop tells me I need to update Windows 10, and I've done it 3 times now. It takes a long time, it restarts multiple times, eventually it finishes. The next time I turn my laptop on it tells me I need to update Windows 10. It's really annoying.

This same problem actually happened with another laptop we had a few years ago that ran Windows 7. We didn't think too much of it because that laptop had a lot of other problems too, but this is a nice laptop with Windows 10 and it doesn't have any problems other than this.

Please help,

-Kevin Brown

:)

Kevin Brown_6, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 fake updating

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 fake updating

1. Windows 10 fake updating - Similar Threads - fake updating

2. "Big Head" ransomware fakes Windows Update to trick users

in Windows 10 News
    "Big Head" ransomware fakes Windows Update to trick users: Security researchers at FortiGuard Labs have discovered a new type of ransomware that is targeting home computer users. Dubbed Big Head, the ransomware fakes Windows Update to avoid detection. The researchers note that there are two main strains of the ransomware and...
  3. Is this a fake Windows Update screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a fake Windows Update screen?: The computer shows an "update" screen, perhaps once a week. Without moving the physical mouse, the mouse pointer moves. Clicking, or sometimes just waiting, the screen vanishes and the Web browser shows, displaying my banking Web site. No password for that is saved on the...
  4. Is this a fake Windows Update screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a fake Windows Update screen?: The computer shows an "update" screen, perhaps once a week. Without moving the physical mouse, the mouse pointer moves. Clicking, or sometimes just waiting, the screen vanishes and the Web browser shows, displaying my banking Web site. No password for that is saved on the...
  5. Is this a fake Windows Update screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Fake windows update screen how can I remove it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake windows update screen how can I remove it?: I walked by my moms computer and saw a update screen with the cursor moving and the taskbar appearing at times I shut off the computer when I realized what happened I searched about what it was then called my mom to ask about it apparently she had fell for a tech support scam...
  7. Fake windows update screen how can I remove it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fake windows update screen how can I remove it?: I walked by my moms computer and saw a update screen with the cursor moving and the taskbar appearing at times I shut off the computer when I realized what happened I searched about what it was then called my mom to ask about it apparently she had fell for a tech support scam...
  8. Fake windows update screen how can I remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake windows update screen how can I remove it?: I walked by my moms computer and saw a update screen with the cursor moving and the taskbar appearing at times I shut off the computer when I realized what happened I looked at videos on it then called my mom to ask about it apparently she had fell for a tech support scam...
  9. Fake Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fake Update: I have been getting a blue update screen that does not look legit. It populates the entire screen and reads: Updating your computer.....25% complete.... Please don't turn off your computer. During the message screen which lasts about 2 minutes, I can see my cursor moving...
  10. Fake Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fake Update: I have been getting a blue update screen that does not look legit. It populates the entire screen and reads: Updating your computer.....25% complete.... Please don't turn off your computer. During the message screen which lasts about 2 minutes, I can see my cursor moving...