Windows 10: windows 10 fall creators update start menu button

Discus and support windows 10 fall creators update start menu button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I seem to have a problem at times with the start menu button(left hand corner) does not always work, any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kev777, Oct 18, 2017.

1. kev777 Win User

windows 10 fall creators update start menu button

hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I seem to have a problem at times with the start menu button(left hand corner) does not always work, any help please? thank you, *Smile

:)

kev777, Oct 18, 2017

2. Cannot open Settings - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Cannot open Settings from Start Menu - Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators Update

FredWestendorf, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Windows Start button not working after Windows Creator Fall update

HI, After installing the Windows Creator Fall update the Windows-Start button has stopped working but I'm still able to right-click it and the menu does appear. Any clues?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

I give up 007, Oct 18, 2017
  4. davidhk Win User

Right click at the Start button > click Powershell (admin)> press Enter key.
    At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this command line ( to avoid typo it's best to apply Copy/paste method)......

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

> press Enter.
    When it is done, check if you can use Start button.

If it does not fix it, run a system file check ( sfc /scannow ) on elevated command prompt. It is to check for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Post back if you are not sure how to.

davidhk, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Hanabishi Win User
    Try to disable "Diagnostic Policy Service" in "Services" panel.
    Or just run this in cmd (as admin): Code: sc config DPS start= disabled[/quote] And then reboot.

Hanabishi, Oct 18, 2017
  6. Raikman Win User
    Hi there, I think I have a very similar problem except my start menu doesn't work at all, and doing the fixes listed there didn't work.
    The Powershell scan keep bring errors about 'failure to deploy' each new files.

It did the same thing last time I tried to switch to the new build a few months back and I had to rollback.
    But now I have no choice apparently, as the settings menu doesn't exist anymore on my machine, so I can't even go back.
    I really don't want my machine to be bricked and I was hoping you guys could help!

Raikman, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Hanabishi Win User
    Try to open settings, all of listed methods: 9 Ways to open the Settings app in Windows 10 | Digital Citizen
    If you still have no luck, the last remaining way is restoring system via installation distributive (bootable media / ISO).

Hanabishi, Oct 19, 2017
  8. kev777 Win User

hi, can someone help me understand this ? if I remove my graphics driver the start menu works ok, if I allow it to update it doesn't seem to work? any advise please, thank you, *Smile

kev777, Oct 20, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Well, one or two have found the graphics driver provided with the FCU is not compatible with their monitors; I suppose you might have some strange incompatibility- can you try an earlier version of the graphics driver?
    (It sounds as if you have one:
    )

If so you can keep the older one for now- Tutorial section, search for
    hide

- That allows you to hide (prevent) a particular update- assuming the update is delivered via Windows update.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2017
  10. kev777 Win User
    thank you I will do that, keep the driver I have for know , thank you dalchina

kev777, Oct 20, 2017
  11. wert Win User
    I have the same (start menu, cortana and speaker volume in task bar) problem here on a HP EliteBook 850G1. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 about two years ago there were major issues either with USB ports or AMD video drivers. So far the updates fixed problems and created new ones. I have to do image backups, because I never know what happens next when I install new software. At a point the system just crashed with a blue screen and the only fix was reinstalling Windows. I do already more troubleshooting than anything else on this computer. *Confused Now I'm waiting for the next Windows Update. *Cool

Thema:

1. windows 10 fall creators update start menu button - Similar Threads - fall creators update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  4. Missing buttons following Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing buttons following Fall Creators Update: Hi. Before that last big Update, I used to have buttons (where the question marks are in the attached pic) saying 'Restore this item' 'Restore all items' and I can't find a way to get these back. As you can see, I'm using Classic Shell if that matters. Can anyone put me...
  5. Upgrade to Fall Creator affects Start menu

Upgrade to Fall Creator affects Start menu: I did the Fall Creator update and found that my Start Menu and Tiles did no longer contain my apps. Regular programs, Office, Edge, etc. show up as they should but apps like facebook, MyRadar, Solitaire(s), etc. do not. The apps are still on the computer and can be accessed...
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  8. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  9. Start Menu and taskbar Not working in fall creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and taskbar Not working in fall creators update: I have seen many people with same problem even with 3 times clean install of Windows 10 fall creators update . Any one with same problem ? 96575
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....