Windows 10: Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the update, there is no C drive anymore and when I click on My Computer or file explorer, the desktop keeps resetting. Some existing programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pka4916, Oct 17, 2017.

1. pka4916 Win User

Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro

After the update, there is no C drive anymore
    and when I click on My Computer or file explorer, the desktop keeps resetting.
    Some existing programs don't start anymore and are taken over by the update..

Anyone else this problem?

:)

pka4916, Oct 17, 2017

2. Reversing Windows 10 Fall Update

Hi,

I upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Creators Fall update on my Surface Pro 4, which turned out to be a big mistake.

How can I reverse back to Windows 10 Pro, even if it includes resetting the Surface?

Thanks

Curiousnomad, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

how old was your phone at this point? my speakerphone mic worked fine under 8.1, stopped under 10, and worked after reverting to 8.1. Now on 10 for other reasons, still waiting, and *certainly not* buying another *flagship* MS phone at this rate. MS had
    me, surface pro 3/365/groove/lumia - that kind of customer... but... 10 wrecked the phone and the surface pro 3.

Anthony Paterson, Oct 17, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Sounds like your Surface hard drive crashed. Can you boot with a Linux USB thumb drive or do you happen to have a USB DVD or BluRay player that you can boot with a Linux DVD to check the S.M.A.R.T. on the hard drive? How long have you had the Surface and what model is it?

bro67, Oct 17, 2017
  5. pka4916 Win User
    it's the latest model, and 3 weeks old.
    it was fine before the windows update
    I can do everything on it, except I can't access the drive.
    it's not even showing

pka4916, Oct 17, 2017
  6. kimkl Win User
    Well i get a device is missing and BSOD if i press enter windows boots into desktop, i started when i tried moving a program from one screen to another using shift+win key and arrows my pc crashed right away i thought it was a fluke so i tried again and got a bsod at boot and still get it have to press enter to continue booting into windows 10

kimkl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Fall update wrecked

2. Update 20H2 wrecks my machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 20H2 wrecks my machine: Last night, even though I’d switched off updates and put my computer to ‘sleep’, MS unilaterally decided to reboot and apply version 20H2, the update I’d been trying to avoid. This has wrecked my machine twice before, so I'd turned off the update. This morning again, nothing...
  3. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  4. WIndows 10 update crashed my Surface Pro

WIndows 10 update crashed my Surface Pro: Ive read some of the suggestions given on how to reset a Surface Pro that has crashed from the Windows 10 update. The advice usually includes instruction from a screen with the Windows logo and the spinning dots. When I turn my computer on, the screen is black with the...
  5. Windows 10 wrecking job!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wrecking job!!!: Hi. Windows 10 has been running successfully on one hard drive while I had vista on another. Since the last update to 10 it has managed to render the vista drive inaccessible. How do i get access to the files on vista....
  6. win 10 2019 fall update for surface 4

win 10 2019 fall update for surface 4: I have not had an update in the Insider review since build 18936,rs prerelease. I was expecting the Fall Release by now. Is there an issue with Surface 4 i7 that is holding back the update?...
  7. windows 10 update wrecked my PC

windows 10 update wrecked my PC: I installed the latest windows 10 upgrade yesterday and it was a disaster When I did the restart – I could not logon to the PC – I kept getting an error message that it could not find my user profile. I tried both password and pin – neither worked. I tried changing...
  8. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates wreck my installed drivers: Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a...
  9. Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop

Xmas wrecked by Windows 10 update - No desktop: So our Xmas was royally (insert expletives) due to Microsoft NOT enforcing a Change freeze and forcing 1809 down on our machine. We suffered a normal various % failures and hangs, great release team you morons have. then on Christmas Day total failure... desktop corrupt files...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Fall Update: Is the Windows 10 Fall Update supposed to be released tomorrow as in Thursday, November 12th, 2015? 29520