Windows 10: Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The ONLY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM IS TO UN-INSTALL THE OPTIONAL SEPTEMBER UPDATE WHICH CAUSED IT. DOING JUST THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATEL;Y EVEN BEFORE ANY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Scott HG., Sep 11, 2021.

1. Scott HG. Win User

Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

The ONLY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM IS TO UN-INSTALL THE OPTIONAL SEPTEMBER UPDATE WHICH CAUSED IT. DOING JUST THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATEL;Y EVEN BEFORE ANY REBOOT.

:)

Scott HG., Sep 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

This did not fix the issue.

I since installed a program called "Don't Sleep" and it keeps the computer awake. But without that program, Windows will fall asleep on its own.

ClaytonInHouston, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

Hi Tarantino,

Regarding your concern, it is most likely to be caused by a scheduled task. We suggest that you check your
    Task Scheduler for unwanted scheduled tasks. Kindly do the following steps below before 10PM:

• Type task scheduler on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler.
    • Under Actions, click on Display All Running Tasks.
    • Once All Running Tasks pops up, kindly check for a scheduled sleep that is set to trigger every 10PM.
    • Select the scheduled sleep, then press End Task.

Once you're done with the steps above, kindly check if your computer will still go to sleep at 10PM.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Sep 11, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings - Similar Threads - Falls Asleep Despite

2. Windows 10 falls asleep no mater what setting I change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 falls asleep no mater what setting I change.: I have tried:To adjust power and sleep setting in Windows 10, select Start > Settings > System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep.ScreenOn Battery and Power, turn off afterNeverWhen plugged in, turn off afterNeverSleepOn Battery and Power, Pc goes to sleep afterNeverWhen...
  3. Windows 10 falls asleep no mater what setting I change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 falls asleep no mater what setting I change.: I have tried:To adjust power and sleep setting in Windows 10, select Start > Settings > System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep.ScreenOn Battery and Power, turn off afterNeverWhen plugged in, turn off afterNeverSleepOn Battery and Power, Pc goes to sleep afterNeverWhen...
  4. Windows 10 falls asleep not mater what setting I change.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 falls asleep not mater what setting I change.: I have tried:To adjust power and sleep setting in Windows 10, select Start > Settings > System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep.ScreenOn Battery and Power, turn off afterNeverWhen plugged in, turn off afterNeverSleepOn Battery and Power, Pc goes to sleep afterNeverWhen...
  5. Windows 10 falls asleep not mater what setting I change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 falls asleep not mater what setting I change.: I have tried:To adjust power and sleep setting in Windows 10, select Start > Settings > System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep.ScreenOn Battery and Power, turn off afterNeverWhen plugged in, turn off afterNeverSleepOn Battery and Power, Pc goes to sleep afterNeverWhen...
  6. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  7. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never: windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-down-despite-power-and-sleep/a08ed333-fbde-4142-a074-300de0b062ab
  8. Windows 10 went to sleep overnight despite being set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 went to sleep overnight despite being set to never sleep: I left my laptop (MSI GE65 Raider 9SF) downloading stuff overnight and went to sleep, at around 2 AM. When I woke up, the laptop had gone to sleep. I checked the event viewer and it went to sleep at 5:31 AM. Here's the event: - <Event...
  9. computer falls asleep

computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  10. Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.: So, it's set to NEVER sleep (unless I tell it to), but persistently falls asleep randomly - sometimes it will run for hours, other times it will sleep if you turn your back on it for 5 minutes. It gets rather annoying after a very short time. Any ideas? Thanks. ....