Windows 10: Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and...

Discus and support Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Similar questions have been asked before without any solution. So, BEFORE ANSWERING, please avoid any common ordinary answers and please note: 1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by paaghi, Jul 19, 2019.

1. paaghi Win User

Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and...

Similar questions have been asked before without any solution. So, BEFORE ANSWERING, please avoid any common ordinary answers and please note:

1) Windows is already updated to the latest version (1903).

2) All power saving settings are already checked.

3) Task scheduler already checked.

4) Windows troubleshooter is completely useless.

5) System File Checker already performed.

6) No sign of malicious software. In fact, I think I have had this issue after one of the Windows updates.

P.S. I had another issue before with "waking up" randomly and by using "powercfg /lastwake" command I figured out what caused my Windows to wake up. I was wondering if there is a way also to find out what exactly put Windows into sleep.

Thank you everyone!

:)

paaghi, Jul 19, 2019

2. HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep

I have a new HP Envy with windows 10, computer has started to randomly fall asleep, I have changed the setting I can find, but that has not helped

MichaelTrausch, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Computer falling asleep

Everytime i log onto my compuyer (windows 10 desktop) it shows the desktop background, loads up the files, then falls asleep. This is really annoying beciase i have been having another issue for a few months that makes it so i have to turn off my computer
    and turn it back on whenever it falls asleep. How do i make it stop falling asleep manually?

drew-saladifier, Jul 19, 2019
  4. fauxstar Win User

Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and...

My computer falls asleep after a couple of minutes even after I changed the setting to 1 hour.

My computer falls asleep after a few minutes even after I change it to 1 hour in the settings. Thank you.

fauxstar, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and... - Similar Threads - falls asleep randomly

2. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  3. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  4. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  5. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  6. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. computer falls asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  8. HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep: I have a new HP Envy with windows 10, computer has started to randomly fall asleep, I have changed the setting I can find, but that has not helped...
  9. A couple of random BSODs when PC is inactive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A couple of random BSODs when PC is inactive: Hello, I used to have massive problems with my old setup, but thanks to axe0's attention I have fixed it all. Since then, I've upgraded my rig, and ever since I've got a couple of seemingly random BSOD-s. They seem to happen when PC is left idle. Ie. 30-40 mins of...
  10. Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.: So, it's set to NEVER sleep (unless I tell it to), but persistently falls asleep randomly - sometimes it will run for hours, other times it will sleep if you turn your back on it for 5 minutes. It gets rather annoying after a very short time. Any ideas? Thanks. ....