Windows 10: Windows 10 Family Account Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Family Account Issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello there, We are currently using Windows 10 with a Local Administrator account and 2 user account linked to our Hotmail and Outlook accounts. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by martinhurst1, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Family Account Issue

Hello there,

We are currently using Windows 10 with a Local Administrator account and 2 user account linked to our Hotmail and Outlook accounts.

I want to set up a Family account so I can add our children, however as my user account is already added under 'Other Users' I can't sign in to the Family section.

How do I get around this? I'm scared of removing my account and then signing into the Family section for fear of losing data.

Thank you.

:)

martinhurst1, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Family Account Issue :(

Zakin, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Family safety account issue in windows 10

Hello Sam,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Family Safety feature on your computer. I will certainly help you.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.

I suggest you to remove the child account from family safety, re-add it again and check if the issue is resolved. You may follow the steps below for the same.

1. Remove the child via Family Safety website.

a. Sign in to
    https://familysafety.microsoft.com
    using the parent account.

b. Click on Manage the list of Family members.

c. Check the child account, then click Delete. Click again on
    Delete to confirm.

2. Follow the steps in this article to reconfigure Family Safety:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/family-account#1TC=t1

3. Ensure that you have selected the Manage settings in Family Safety website
    option on the Family Safety window on your Control panel.

Refer to the links below for additional information:

Set up family features on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-up-family-after-upgrade

Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/family-account

Hope this helps.
    For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 Family Account Issue

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Family Account Issue

1. Windows 10 Family Account Issue - Similar Threads - Family Account Issue

2. Issues with Windows Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues with Windows Family: So my son autistic has changed the clock and moved it forward 12 hrs so when it is 9am it is reading 9pm. His school computer we homeschool has limits so I thought if I just changed the limits to unlimited that he could get access to his laptop to be able to change this...
  3. Issues with Windows Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Family: So my son autistic has changed the clock and moved it forward 12 hrs so when it is 9am it is reading 9pm. His school computer we homeschool has limits so I thought if I just changed the limits to unlimited that he could get access to his laptop to be able to change this...
  4. Issues with Windows Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

Microsoft Account and family sharing issues: My son originally set-up an Xbox profile using his mothers email address. Subsequently, having grown he has a laptop and has also played xbox games on it. Following the setup of family sharing for him and his brother, we have ended up a complete mess. His younger brother...
  6. Microsoft Family Account Password issue

Microsoft Family Account Password issue: Hello. I recently setup an old laptop of mine for an 8 year old to use. I made him an account with the Microsoft Family thing connected to my personal account so I could manage screen time, content etc. The laptop is running latest version of Win10 Pro. It is asking with a...
  7. Issue with child family account

Issue with child family account: I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved. I have checked - Account set to allowed under Family & Other users - The account can...
  8. Family Account issue

Family Account issue: Hi. Have installed Adult and Child on my newly installed Windows 10 Home version. It is running with latest version (1903). When the Child requests to run an application in the excluded group (Chrome browser) the child initiates the message for the Adult to act on it. The...
  9. Windows family account issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows family account issue: Hi all I've added a family account on my desktop a couple of days ago and now im not able to see my primary and main acount on my desktop. I added my girlfriend a couple of days ago and she accepted the invite but never actually logged on. I tried to login to my pc today...
  10. User account and family issues

User account and family issues: This is happening loads on my new laptop. Family settings down and Cortana summary screen just spinning. Is this an MS side issue as the machine is doing this more often than not. Sometimes everything is fine but I just don't understand it really. Yesterday evening everything...