Windows 10: Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox

Discus and support Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am an adult user of Windows 10 who is not part of a Microsoft account family. Whenever I try to open Mozilla Firefox, I am told that I need to ask... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CalebWalker5, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox

I am an adult user of Windows 10 who is not part of a Microsoft account family. Whenever I try to open Mozilla Firefox, I am told that I need to ask for permission to use this app. When I click to ask permission, I am simply told an error has occurred. This does not happen when I use other browsers such as Google Chrome or Tor, but I would personally prefer to use Firefox. I am assuming there is some issue with my account permissions, but I can't contact support through the phone hearing issues and can't find any way to send a support ticket by email.

If I keep having issues like these, then my next PC build will definitely be running Linux.

:)

CalebWalker5, Jan 16, 2021

2. Mozilla Firefox on Features Update Windows 10 version 1709?

Mozilla Maintenance Service has been a part of Mozilla Update Mechanism for a while now. Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Maintenance are not a part of Windows 10 are not a part of Windows 10 though. So, you must have installed it without realizing.

But, I have both Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Maintenance here in my Apps and Features. I installed Firefox a long time ago and its been a part of the upgrade mechanism ever since.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Mozilla Firefox Turns Five

Firefox deserves more than comments. Keep on the suggestions and forums on Mozilla ppl!

PCpraiser100, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox

Cannot uninstall Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10.

I went to Control Panel/Uninstall and placed checkmark next to Mozilla Firefox, then clicked Uninstall and nothing happens. The icon is gone from desktop but it still appears in list of Programs. Any suggestions?

CoolKats65, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox

1. Windows 10 Family Features preventing me from using Mozilla Firefox - Similar Threads - Family Features preventing

2. uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10: When I got to Programs and Features to uninstall Mozilla FireFox I get Reresh FireFox. I don't want to refresh, just want it removed. I tried in the app section and got the same. Downloaded trouble shooter and did not fix anything. How can I remove FireFox from my...
  3. Family Features blocking Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Features blocking Firefox: Hi,I am trying to install Firefox and I keep getting a popup saying I need to have permission through Family Feature to install the app. The problem is that I am 22 years old, and, to my knowledge, I have NEVER been on any Microsoft Family Feature Plan. Please help!...
  4. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  5. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  6. Why does Mozilla Firefox ask me to get permission for me to use the app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Mozilla Firefox ask me to get permission for me to use the app?: I needed to download Mozilla Firefox, but after the installation. I try to open it, it is asking me to ask permission from my family. 1. I am not in a Microsoft Family. 2. When i press ask by Email, it gives me an error "Something Went Wrong", and then gives me a Trace...
  7. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  8. Problems with Mozilla Firefox in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with Mozilla Firefox in windows 10: My browser Mozilla Firefox freezes and closes unexpectedly sometimes as I can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-mozilla-firefox-in-windows-10/08f6cf88-7c04-47e8-a23b-7685dd07e32e"
  9. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...
  10. Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10: Firefox makes improvements for Windows 10 http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/11/firefox-40-arrives-with-windows-10-support-expanded-malware-protection-and-new-android-navigation-gestures/ https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/0...add-ons-safer/ 15425