Windows 10: Windows 10 Family safety issue with one particular program. OSU!

Discus and support Windows 10 Family safety issue with one particular program. OSU! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There is one particular program, OSU! which repels any attempts to control it. I have set up family controls and that works for the most part. Screen... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MCPanda99, May 29, 2020.

1. MCPanda99 Win User

Windows 10 Family safety issue with one particular program. OSU!

There is one particular program, OSU! which repels any attempts to control it. I have set up family controls and that works for the most part. Screen time, no problem. Other programs such as Overwatch, CSGo, Steam, etc. They all allow me to limit the available app time. There is this one completely time wasting program called "OSU!" that is entirely uncontrollable. I'll set a screen time limit and then exit out of parental controls, go back in and OSU! is again unlimited or unblocked. I've tried methods that are supposed to limit the installation of apps or programs, but when I test them on my own, I can still download the .exe from the website and install it and run it.

I understand people will say that I need to have better relations with my teens and it shouldn't be necessary to do this. That we should discuss the issue and come to an agreement on what is an appropriate amount of time to play. Yeah right. Teens addicted to games do not function as reasonable people. Microsoft has tools to help us parents, and somehow this particular program is very good at evading those controls. I believe this is on purpose, as I stated that other games and applications can be successfully limited.

I am wondering if it might be something as simple as having an illegal character in the program name? Does MS not know how to deal with a program name with a "!" in it? Perhaps its similar to a SQL injection problem. I'm grasping at straws here.

Ideas please?

:)

MCPanda99, May 29, 2020

2. Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 29, 2020
  3. Family safety account issue in windows 10

Hello Sam,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Family Safety feature on your computer. I will certainly help you.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.

I suggest you to remove the child account from family safety, re-add it again and check if the issue is resolved. You may follow the steps below for the same.

1. Remove the child via Family Safety website.

a. Sign in to
    https://familysafety.microsoft.com
    using the parent account.

b. Click on Manage the list of Family members.

c. Check the child account, then click Delete. Click again on
    Delete to confirm.

2. Follow the steps in this article to reconfigure Family Safety:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/family-account#1TC=t1

3. Ensure that you have selected the Manage settings in Family Safety website
    option on the Family Safety window on your Control panel.

Refer to the links below for additional information:

Set up family features on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-up-family-after-upgrade

Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/family-account

Hope this helps.
    For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help

Anju Thekkethil, May 29, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issue with accessing Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in
    the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Set up Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Family safety issue with one particular program. OSU! - Similar Threads - Family safety issue

2. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Issue with Family Safety Monitor

Issue with Family Safety Monitor: So pretty much, my dad set up Microsoft Family Safety Monitor on my pc. I started noticing that, whenever the computer gets locked, and then unlocked, this weird white square appears in the top left corner of the desktop. [ATTACH] You can move the square around, and it...
  9. One Particular Program Will Not Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Particular Program Will Not Open: I recently attempted to install a Japanese game/visual novel on my computer, which has Windows 10. I think I was able to install it as a shortcut was created, as was a folder in Programs with an application file. I had my region set to Japan at the time. The version of the...
  10. issues with windows 10 home family safety

issues with windows 10 home family safety: I'm trying to setup parental controls on Windows 10 so that the child account can only access the Internet and what ever programs I put on the desktop. I setup the accounts so that they are linked and the kids account shows up as a child on the computer. When I tested the...