Windows 10: Windows 10 Family Settings Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Family Settings Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've sat up a child account on my PC, to restrict some apps and sites from my younger brother, now when I try to install Call of Duty on my adult... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BasilTwait, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Family Settings Problem

I've sat up a child account on my PC, to restrict some apps and sites from my younger brother,

now when I try to install Call of Duty on my adult account, it asks me for adult permissions!

and I'm the only adult, I went and removed all family settings and children from my account, but the problem still happens! here's what I get and what happens when I click ask by email:

Windows 10 Family Settings Problem 5cc7153b-338a-4338-97a9-dba9b58cea98?upload=true.png Windows 10 Family Settings Problem 0bb96e89-7906-4981-9189-fe4e142b86c3?upload=true.png

:)

BasilTwait, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Setting up Family safety settings in Windows

Hello Ajay,

I realize that you are trying to setup the Microsoft Family Safety settings.

• Which version of operating system are you using to setup the Family Safety?
    If you are using the Windows 10 then I suggest you to refer the below information and check if it helps.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using
    a PC at any time.

Add kids to your family to help them stay safer online. Adults in the family can view reports of kids’ online activity, limit how long and when they use their devices, and help make sure they don't see inappropriate websites, apps, or games.

I suggest you to create a family safety account in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Set up family features in Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Family Settings Problem

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Family Settings Problem

1. Windows 10 Family Settings Problem - Similar Threads - Family Settings Problem

2. Family Setting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Setting: I am trying to enable parental controls for my child using MS Family but it is giving me nothing but trouble.At first I sent the invite to the member and it allowed me to accept the invite on their side but didn't show up on my side as accepted so it still said pending. I...
  3. Family Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Setting: I am trying to enable parental controls for my child using MS Family but it is giving me nothing but trouble.At first I sent the invite to the member and it allowed me to accept the invite on their side but didn't show up on my side as accepted so it still said pending. I...
  4. Family Settings

Family Settings: So basically, I'm not sure what I did, but now whenever I try to open Google Chrome, it shows up as "Microsoft family features, you'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome". With a blue button saying "Ask by email". This have never happened...
  5. Microsoft family setting problem

Microsoft family setting problem: Hello, Do I need to block a website each time I approve my child request to visit the website? I blocked youtube but school is using it for teaching, after authorized my child I noticed youtube moved from blocked one to always allowed!! Please help. Thank you...
  6. Problems with Microsoft Account and Family Safety settings

Problems with Microsoft Account and Family Safety settings: I am using Microsoft Family to manage my child's internet consumption, and recently have encountered a seemingly intractable issue with one of our Windows 10 devices. Activity reporting began showing a persistent message that this device needed to be have the latest Windows...
  7. Family settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family settings: So the family settings where not working. I took off a time restriction hours ago and then when I went to check it it said something like “something went wrong are you connected to the internet?” I figured I’d reset the computer and look if it worked. It didn’t work at all so...
  8. Family Settings

Family Settings: Hi I have my stepson listed as a member in our family so we can control his screen time and he is down as a child/standard user on his pc and I'm down as the administrator Is there anyway you can disable the pin entry setting for everytime he wants to install something as...
  9. FAMILY SETTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAMILY SETTING: HOW DO I REMOVE FAMILY SETTING SO THAT MY SON CAN PLAY MULTIPLAYER GAME FOR XBOX LIVE ON THE PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-setting/5c3d799e-e3a4-47bf-8fc3-5771a525fe69
  10. Family Settings

Family Settings: The Microsoft Family program seems to automatically lock me out at 5 minutes after time is "gifted". I play a permadeath game which causes me to die and I frantically have to log in in order to not die. I've put so many hours into my characters and having them die...