Windows 10: Windows 10 Family Settings Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Family Settings Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've sat up a child account on my PC, to restrict some apps and sites from my younger brother, now when I try to install Call of Duty on my adult... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BasilTwait, Oct 11, 2018.

1. BasilTwait Win User

Windows 10 Family Settings Problem

I've sat up a child account on my PC, to restrict some apps and sites from my younger brother,

now when I try to install Call of Duty on my adult account, it asks me for adult permissions!

and I'm the only adult, I went and removed all family settings and children from my account, but the problem still happens! here's what I get and what happens when I click ask by email:

Windows 10 Family Settings Problem 5cc7153b-338a-4338-97a9-dba9b58cea98?upload=true.png Windows 10 Family Settings Problem 0bb96e89-7906-4981-9189-fe4e142b86c3?upload=true.png

:)

BasilTwait, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    Setting up Family safety settings in Windows

Hello Ajay,

I realize that you are trying to setup the Microsoft Family Safety settings.

• Which version of operating system are you using to setup the Family Safety?
    If you are using the Windows 10 then I suggest you to refer the below information and check if it helps.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using
    a PC at any time.

Add kids to your family to help them stay safer online. Adults in the family can view reports of kids’ online activity, limit how long and when they use their devices, and help make sure they don't see inappropriate websites, apps, or games.

I suggest you to create a family safety account in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Set up family features in Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Family Settings Problem - Similar Threads - Family Settings Problem

2. Setting up PC with different family user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up PC with different family user: My Wife has a PC that has been setup under my MS ID. This means that when she changes her homepage or favorites (or when I change mine) they change the settings on both of our PCs. I selected do not sync devices, but want to change the PC ownership to my wife for her PC...
  3. Computer setting problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer setting problem with windows 10: Something happened today i restarted my computer i come back my computer wasn't asking me for my pin and asked for a password then i logged in and my audio drivers weren't working and the Ethernet cable wouldn't work with the computer just all of a sudden, luckily i have...
  4. Problems with Windows Family on W10 - not showing recent activity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with Windows Family on W10 - not showing recent activity: My 2 kids have each one laptop with windows 10. I am unable to monitor the activity of the kids through MS family. This is the history 1. I have configured their PCs so a. The kids have individual standard accounts b. I have set myself and my wife as administrators...
  5. Family Settings are limited to... monitoring "health"?

Family Settings are limited to... monitoring "health"?: I have a 7 year-old step son. He's quite bright, but doesn't always make the right decisions. I'm trying to set up a Microsoft Account for him so that he can log into the Surface that I have. However, I really need to lock down what he can do tightly, from what sites he can...
  6. Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account: I just upgraded all my computers to Windows 10. My 15 year old is clever enough to bypass the (new) Family settings controlled Microsoft Account I just set up for him by converting the account to a local account. This seems to let him play as long as he wants, without time...
  7. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...
  8. Intel HD Graphics Family Drivers for windows 10 64bit problem?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics Family Drivers for windows 10 64bit problem?: I'm using a machine with the following specs. 1) Windows 10 64 bit 2) Intel Pentium Processor G630 Dual Core. 3) Intel Graphics Family 4) Acer Veriton M290 5) 4GB RAM 6) No internet connection on computer in question I cant find compatible drivers for 64 bit but I...
  9. Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10: UPDATE: Email from Microsoft. Hi, Microsoft family features now empower busy parents like you to more easily tailor experiences in the Microsoft ecosystem for each family member. We are introducing several new features and improvements, and we want to let you know...
  10. Changes to Family features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to Family features in Windows 10: We update this page regularly to keep you informed about new things you can use now and what's coming up next. Update One Microsoft family for Windows PC , Windows Phone and Xbox Manage your family in one place at account.microsoft.com/family. See the settings for...