Windows 10: Windows 10 Fast Boot issues since recent update

Discus and support Windows 10 Fast Boot issues since recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I've updated my PC to the latest available cumulative Windows 10 version, which has caused an issue where my PC can no longer boot using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom_T1993[], Sep 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Fast Boot issues since recent update

Hi,

Recently I've updated my PC to the latest available cumulative Windows 10 version, which has caused an issue where my PC can no longer boot using the fast startup option, and will instead idle at the final step in the boot phase, showing the MSI splash logo and not booting, the simple fix seems to be disabling fast startup, as it's the fault causer.

However, since maybe late last year, fast startup has worked perfectly fine, and it's kind of annoying i'm having to switch it off with the recent update.

The PC has no hardware or software issues whatsoever, it runs as expected, and before this, had no other issues with the operating system either. BIOS settings have nothing daft enabled, boot order is perfectly fine.

I will list my system specs below, and also clarify that this used to happen to this machine, but stopped happening late last year. (With an update(And when i decided to test fast startup again))

Intel i7 7700k - Stock core clock for the sake of testing it truly wasn't a hardware issue - But usually ran at 4.8Ghz

32gb - Corsair Vengeance DRAM - 2133mhz

MSI z270 Gaming M7

Samsung 960 EVO 1tb (Boot Storage) (Has an up-to-date driver)

nVidia GTX1080 MSI Gaming X

EVGA Gold rated 850w Supernova PSU

Any insight would be appreciated, and if people are also facing the same issue, it would be good to know whether it's a more widespread issue.

Cheers, Tom

:)

Tom_T1993[], Sep 28, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Fast Boot issues since recent update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

i cant say for sure what might be causing problems for those who are experiencing issues, but I figured it couldnt hurt to point this out to those who might not be aware of it, it is ONLY effecting Insider program members. as far as M$ has announced.

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop

jboydgolfer, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Fast Boot issues since recent update

1. Windows 10 Fast Boot issues since recent update - Similar Threads - Fast Boot issues

2. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UHD Graphics card issue since recent update: Hi, A recent update created an issue with my UHD Graphics card. I can get into my laptop in safemode, then deactivate my UHD graphics card and then after restart, it boots into normal. But with basic display, it won't run apps for me. But, as soon as I click on "Enable"...
  3. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UHD Graphics card issue since recent update: Hi, A recent update created an issue with my UHD Graphics card. I can get into my laptop in safemode, then deactivate my UHD graphics card and then after restart, it boots into normal. But with basic display, it won't run apps for me. But, as soon as I click on "Enable"...
  4. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Issues with recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Issues with recent update: After updating to the PC to latest release of windows 10, there are lots of issues. I still wonder why Microsoft is not releasing a bug free update of windows 10. Rather than adding more features, first fix the issues that is highly affecting most of the Dell Systems/laptops...
  6. Display issues since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues since recent update: Recently updated on 9/26/2020 to OS build 19041.508. Since the update when I hover over an icon, increase/decrease volume the screen goes black, the color is also fluctuating, from cooler to warmer. I typically have my color setting set to warmer when plugged in to power. Not...
  7. Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates: When I attempt to view a photo, sometimes it opens normally. Other times, it will open to a blank white screen. If I close the blank screen and try to open it again, it will take an extended time to open. Once it opens, everything works normal. I tried to repair, reset,...
  8. Issue with recent Windows 10 Update

Issue with recent Windows 10 Update: i just decided to do the Windows 10 update thag came out a few weeks ago before I heard about the issues. Unfortunately, the update was a “Update and Restart”, not the usual “Update and shut down”. I cant quite remember what I did, but i just started up my laptop (Dell...
  9. No Sound Since Recent Windows Update

No Sound Since Recent Windows Update: No sound on laptop since recent Windows update last night. This is the second time this has happened. The last time was a year or so ago and I brought my laptop to the store I purchased it from as it was a recent purchase. They fixed it. This time I am trying to fix the...
  10. Fast Boot in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Boot in Windows 10...: Hi I have found that I get 2 different boot menus when booting to my dual boot setup with Windows 8 and 10. If I hit restart my computer boots to a screen that looks like an old style black and white boot menu that uses the keyboard to access. If I turn my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick boot windows 10