Windows 10: Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Before I enabled fast startup the boot took about 5mins and sometimes a lot more. Now after I enabled the fast startup it boots in about 10 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jthelizzard, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot

Before I enabled fast startup the boot took about 5mins and sometimes a lot more. Now after I enabled the fast startup it boots in about 10 seconds. Reboot takes more than 5 minutes. I've had this problem for 3 years. The slow part is the screen with Windows logo and rolling dots loading icon.

This is killing me slowly. I have reinstalled Windows but the problem remains. I got a lot of files and programs I need so the Windows reinstall I have done maintaining files and programs, so I guess it doesn't clean the registry.

I've tried to analyze the boots using WPR/WPA but it's too hard for me to interpret. Maybe if you guys could help me out. I really appreciate it. This has given me so much headache.

Specs:

Windows 10

MSI x370 gaming pro carbon
    Ryzen 1700x
    Ripjaws black v 32gb ram 3200mhz (running 2933mhz)
    Gtx 1080 ti
    Samsung 850 evo ssd x3
    Wd blue ssd
    Evga 750w supernova g3

:)

Jthelizzard, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 14, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Apr 14, 2020
  4. scevism Win User

Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot :mad:

scevism, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot

1. Windows 10 fast boot, very slow reboot - Similar Threads - fast boot very

2. Slow Wi-Fi on Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi on Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu 20.04. When connected to the Wi-Fi, my download speed is much faster on Ubuntu than on Windows about 5x faster. How can that be explained ? I tried about anything I found on Google to make the download speed faster on Windows.Details:I...
  3. Slow Wi-Fi on Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi on Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu 20.04. When connected to the Wi-Fi, my download speed is much faster on Ubuntu than on Windows about 5x faster. How can that be explained ? I tried about anything I found on Google to make the download speed faster on Windows.Details:I...
  4. Slow Wi-Fi on Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Wi-Fion Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fion Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu 20.04. When connected to the Wi-Fi, my download speed is much faster on Ubuntu than on Windows about 5x faster. How can that be explained ? I tried about anything I found on Google to make the download speed faster on Windows.Details:I...
  6. Slow Wi-Fion Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fion Windows and very fast on Ubuntu dual boot: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu 20.04. When connected to the Wi-Fi, my download speed is much faster on Ubuntu than on Windows about 5x faster. How can that be explained ? I tried about anything I found on Google to make the download speed faster on Windows.Details:I...
  7. Windows 10 Boot Very Slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Very Slow: I installed windows 10 on my laptop yesterday and Booted it. It literally took 1 and a half hour just to boot and show the desktop. I thought it was only for the first time but no.. I started it for like 15 times now but still it takes 1 hr just to boot. At first it shows a...
  8. Very slow POST process upon cold boot but fast reboots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow POST process upon cold boot but fast reboots: Not 100% sure it's the operating system, but will give it a shot. MSI Titan GT80-SLI: from a cold boot, takes 4.5 minutes to get to Win10 login screen. A reboot takes 29 seconds. What's up? I think it's something that hangs it before the operating system loads, am I...
  9. Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast

Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast: Yes, I have that famous bug of Wndows 10. When I shut down my PC, and then turn on it with the button of the case, the System boot very fast, like in15 seconds, but when I restarting the system, it delays like 2 minutes to restart (I talking from the Bios screen) But that...
  10. Very Slow Boot on Windows 10

Very Slow Boot on Windows 10: Hi Guys I have been reading similar threads regarding slow boot on Windows 10, and i was advised to start a new thread. I was having the same problem, and tried pretty much all the 'fixes' recommended in the other threads.My Lenovo ideapad 305 was taking over 7 minutes to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 faster boot up