Windows 10: Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?

Discus and support Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, So i have fast startup enabled in Windows 10 and just noticed today when i turned on the PC that Kaspersky Antivirus didn’t start. By this i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mikey89, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?

Hello,

So i have fast startup enabled in Windows 10 and just noticed today when i turned on the PC that Kaspersky Antivirus didn’t start. By this i mean the KAV icon wasn’t in the taskbar tray.

Does Windows 10 fast startup mess with Kaspersky Antivirus startup or can it mess with other programs that also startup when windows starts up ?

I mean is the fast startup too “fast” ? And it doesn’t give Kaspersky Antivirus actually time to startup properly ?

It never happened before only this is the 1st time.

Please if someone could reply, i’m really stressed out about this.

:)

Mikey89, Nov 29, 2019
  2. MichelB62 Win User

Turn off Fast Startup

Thanks to an update of Windows 10 'Fast Startup' is turned on again. And I have problems with turning it off, as the 'Turn on fast start-up (recommend)' setting is selected AND greyed out 1). That selection box should be accessible when you change your 'User
    Account Control Settings' 2). That is a setting that is NOT changed. However, it is on the suggested setting that should make it possible for me to turn off fast start-up. But that is still greyed out. A Catch 22 situation. Does anyone have a suggestion?

1) Fast Startup - How to disable if it is causing problems.

2) How to turn off and disable UAC in Windows 10

MichelB62, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Turn off Fast Startup

Hi Michel,

Please take note that you must be signed in as an Administrator to be able to turn fast startup on or off. Fast startup requires that
    hibernate be enabled. If you disable hibernate, then it will also disable fast startup.

Steps on how to manually turn off the Fast Startup

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the
      Power Options
      icon.
    • Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side
    • Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top
    • If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes
    If the option for turning off the Fast Startup is not available, then changing the registry key maybe required.

Note: Please note that configuring Registry key requires extra care as it might cause another issue with your system.

• Type RegEdit in the search field on your Task bar
      and open the Registry tool.On the left pane of the Registry window, locate
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power.
    • On the right pane of the said location, check if the HiberbootEnabled
      is available. If not, we need to create it by clicking the right key of the mouse, select New
      and click on DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    • Replace it with the word HiberbootEnabled under Name
      column.Data value must be zero (0) that will represent as the Fast Startup is turned off.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Steps on how to disable UAC in Windows 10

• Type UAC in the search field on your Task bar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the
      Start button and choose Search.)
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
      OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ? - Similar Threads - Fast Startup Disables

2. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  3. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  4. Kaspersky Antivirus Limitations After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaspersky Antivirus Limitations After Windows Update: Hello, I'm facing a Kaspersky antivirus limitation error after these two Windows updates.After visiting the link provided on the Kaspersky app, I found this is related to Out Of Box Experience or Device Guard mode.Article by Kaspersky:...
  5. Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working: I am having an issue with the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver. My brother and I both use the PC for gaming and we use separate Windows User accounts (Mine is admin, his is regular). The problem we have is when one of use uses the PC before the other the GeForce Experience in...
  6. Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fast Startup Disables Kaspersky Antivirus ?: Hello, So i have fast startup enabled in Windows 10 and just noticed today when i turned on the PC that Kaspersky Antivirus didn’t start. By this i mean the KAV icon wasn’t in the taskbar tray. Does Windows 10 fast startup mess with Kaspersky Antivirus startup or can it...
  7. Fast startup can not be disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup can not be disabled: Since the latest windows update (This evening): Even though Fast startup is NOT selected. The computer still starts up and basically logs in in the background (the apps in the startup folder are already running) and the username is displayed even though dontdisplaylastlogon...
  8. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  9. Antivirus kaspersky

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus kaspersky: I'm using windows 10 version 1703 i want to install kaspersky internet security 2017 .. But i can't install please hlep me out... Thank [img] 87146
  10. No option to disable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to disable Fast Startup: All of the guides I have seen say that to disable Fast Startup you should: - Settings | System | Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings - Choose what the power buttons do Then under "Shut down settings" there should be a tick box - but I dont have it. Screenshot:...