Windows 10: windows 10 faulty display (screen shifted with everything scattered around)

Discus and support windows 10 faulty display (screen shifted with everything scattered around) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have encountered the biggest hardware/software issue in all times. Calling for help! Here is the thing, I have a thinkpad x1C4, which has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aerialcat, Sep 20, 2019.

1. aerialcat Win User

windows 10 faulty display (screen shifted with everything scattered around)

Hi all,

I have encountered the biggest hardware/software issue in all times. Calling for help!

Here is the thing, I have a thinkpad x1C4, which has the hd520 GPU inside. I tried to install the duet display to have my ipad as the second display. During the installation, my main display screwed up. Everything is out of the place, the screen are shifted up about 1/4 of the screen, left a black bar on the bottom. the left over part screen is not displaying normally. Most weird thing is the cursor is still displayed normally, and I can move it in every pixel of the screen.

After desperately tried for hours, I push the nuclear button and did a full reset of the windows(remove all files).

It displayed normally in the beginning, as soon as the driver kicks in, the same problem shows up, even during the blue installation screen.

I managed to blindly setup my computer and goes into the driver manager, I disabled the HD520 driver. Everything back to normal. I also tried every different version of driver, doesn't matter, as soon as the driver gets in, it's done.

So I guess most of you will assume this is a hardware issue,right? I thought too, I submitted a service ticket to lenovo.

But today I just want to try my luck again, I start all over again and try to start from install the duet display. I got it working, even in the ipad, the display is screwed up too(duet display is a seperate graphic card in Device manager).

So I pressed the PrintScreen Button and paste it to painter program, guess what, it shows the same image as what I see.

Till now I don't know anymore where is the problem, I guess this is a very unique problem, I just hope there's someone been there too or some people has the knowledge about how the windows renders everything and provide some input.

windows 10 faulty display (screen shifted with everything scattered around) [​IMG]

Next step I'm trying to download a clean recovery media from lenovo and try to wipe everything out again.

:)

aerialcat, Sep 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 stuck on blue screen with scattered dots

Hi,

I realize that Windows 10 PC is stuck on blue screen with scattered dots. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the PC and restart the computer to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen without any issues.

Once you are on the desktop screen, suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager to check if that helps.

You may update the Display driver from the Device Manager and check if this helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Display Screen Elongated & Fuzzy

Hi Bill,

It could be a faulty driver that is causing the your display screen issue. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the recommended screen resolution is set on your PC?

We suggest that you update the drivers of your computer, particularly the display drivers.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Sep 20, 2019
  4. windows 10 faulty display (screen shifted with everything scattered around)

Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Are you using a HDMI cable or a VGA cable to connect the display?
    4. How are you re-arranging the icons?
    5. Have you tried connecting the display first and then switching on the PC?

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try aligning the icons to grid.

1. Right click on the desktop and click on View.
    2. Now click on auto arrange icons and click on
      align icons to grid.

Method 2:

Try updating the display and monitor drivers. Refer the article
    update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 faulty display (screen shifted with everything scattered around)

1. windows 10 faulty display (screen shifted with everything scattered around) - Similar Threads - faulty display screen

2. Faulty Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Display Adapter: Hi, name is Alejandro Gomez.I've been having problems for the last 2 or so months with my display going black, but still running. And working fine if I plug it into an TV.This first happened when I was running an game, within 10 or so minutes of running it with Intel R...
  3. Faulty Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulty Display Adapter: Hi, name is Alejandro Gomez.I've been having problems for the last 2 or so months with my display going black, but still running. And working fine if I plug it into an TV.This first happened when I was running an game, within 10 or so minutes of running it with Intel R...
  4. Display scattered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display scattered: I am facing a display scattered issue. It happens frequently. But when it will happen it will take 2-3 hours to back in normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-scattered/ea4e4659-1403-43ae-8661-44c9de587dbf
  5. Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swiping/Shifting around Virtual desktop: [ATTACH] Why swiping/shifting around virtual desktop also shifts the image of the main desktop screen. Shouldn't it only shift the front active windows? I think this is how it works in macOS....
  6. Dual Monitors Keep Disconnecting/Shifting Everything Around

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors Keep Disconnecting/Shifting Everything Around: I have been searching for a fix to this **** for over a year now. I'm finally fed up enough to make a **** account and let my anger out. So apologies if this comes off as "rude" or whatever, **** dont care. I have had this issue ever since I upgraded my OS to this faggot ****...
  7. Windows 10 white blurry color around everything on screen (texts,icons,...)

Windows 10 white blurry color around everything on screen (texts,icons,...): Hi i just get into a very annoying problem on my screen, everything was working fine the screen resolution was crisp and good but suddenly everything just get low resolution and all of the texts and icons everywhere look blurry and low res; i tried almost anything from...
  8. display problem pixel distorted or scattered or blurred

display problem pixel distorted or scattered or blurred: hello , i am having display issue on my dell studio 1555 laptop image gets blurred and text are unreadable but if i hover mouse over the display or minimize, it goes away but appears again with in a second . i have reinstalled windows updated all drivers but nothing has...
  9. Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display: Okay, so, I've had my laptop for almost a year now, For the first roughly 8 months when i plug in a display, all of my desktop icons stayed in place, on my main laptop screen. (I plug in and detach a monitor all the time, probably at the least once daily, none of the icons...
  10. Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiles in Start System move around and are scattered.: The tiles are inconsistent in placement and trying to order them with the mouse moves other tiles in all directions. I have not tried to do a clean install of 10074 because I have quite a few third party programs installed to make sure they work with Windows 10. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 display shifted

2. window 10 display shifted

3. display is shifted to the left

4. faulty display window 10