Windows 10: Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem

Discus and support Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Device manager says the Conexant USB CX93010 ACF Modem is working properly, latest drivers installed. Window Fax and Scan tools - fax settings lists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leon121748, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem

Device manager says the Conexant USB CX93010 ACF Modem is working properly, latest drivers installed. Window Fax and Scan tools - fax settings lists the modem. However, when I go to compose a fax, it says connect to a modem, then no modem detected. I've run the hardware trouble shooter several times, even installed a new external modem thinking perhaps it was device failure since this program worked initially for about 2 days following re-installation of Windows 10. Interesting thing is - it receives faxes.

:)

Leon121748, Apr 5, 2019
  2. it's meXZ Win User

Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem

Device manager says it's working properly, latest drivers installed. Window Fax and Scan tools - fax settings lists the modem. However, when I go to compose a fax, it says connect to a modem, then no modem detected. I've run the hardware trouble shooter
    several times, even installed a new external modem thinking perhaps it was device failure since this program worked initially for about 2 days following re-installation of Windows 10. Interesting thing is - it receives faxes.

it's meXZ, Apr 5, 2019
  3. compupix Win User
    Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver.
    Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly."
    From within Windows Fax & Scan:
    I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list.
    I cannot connect to my fax modem from:There are currently no modems installed on this computer. If you want to send and receive faxes using a modem attached to this computer, you need at least one modem installed. Do you want to install a new modem?"Windows was unable to detect any modems."
    I've tried selecting "Standard 56000 bps Modem" & "Standard PCMCIA Card Modem" from the "Standard Modem Types" list. And no ports are displayed in the "On which ports do you want to install it" list.
    Thanks!

compupix, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem

Hi Margaret,

I realize that fax and scan does not detect modem in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

You may boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. This will let us know if any 3rd party services or applications are causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fax and scan does not detect modem - Similar Threads - fax scan does

2. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  6. Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems

Windows Fax & Scan <=> Modem Connection Problems: Windows Fax & Scan can’t talk to my modem. Symptoms: Fax and Scan says that it encountered an unexpected error when trying to send a fax. Modem Log 02-15-2019 15:45:24.783 - Initializing modem. 02-15-2019 15:45:24.794 - Send: AT<cr> 02-15-2019 15:45:24.881 - Recv:...
  7. Windows 10 Failure to Detect Fax Modem

Windows 10 Failure to Detect Fax Modem: Windows 10 does not detect my fax modem. Why is that occurring? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-failure-to-detect-fax-modem/25198262-d8dd-4c68-a5a4-12eacbfb1600
  8. Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem: Hi Windows Updates ran last night. again it deletes the external usr robotics 5637 fax modem usb and windows fax and scan stop working. Windows fax and scan will not recognize modem. deleted modem driver. turned off windows fax and scan feature. reinstalled modem....
  9. Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan: How many fax modems are supported on Windows Fax and Scan? I have two modems connected to Windows 10 Pro and I can connect to either one but not both. After I connect to either one the option to add a connection to a local modem is not available....
  10. Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem: I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver. Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly." From within Windows Fax & Scan: I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list. I cannot connect to my fax modem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you use windows fax and scan with a headset

2. -------------------------- Windows Fax and Scan -------------------------- There are currently no modems installed on this computer. If you want to send and receive faxes using a modem attached to this computer you need at least one modem installe

3. fax and scan windows 10 not seeing my modem

4. windows 10 fax and scan wont see modem,
  5. intel fax modem unexpected error,
  6. Why cant window scan recognize my modem,
  7. how many bps is a conexsnt USB CX93010 AFC modem,
  8. windows 10 not connecting to fax modem,
  9. win10 fax software cannot recognize modem,
  10. windows fax and scan needs a modem,
  11. windows fax and scan wont setup fax modem,
  12. find modem in windows 10,
  13. pci fax modem not detected windows 10,
  14. install fax modem windows 10 pro,