Windows 10: Windows 10 Fax and Scan File Format Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Fax and Scan File Format Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to save scans on a BizCardReader 901 as .JPEG file format from Windows F&S. I created a new profile, set as default, DPI to 300,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 365 Admin admin2, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Fax and Scan File Format Issue

Hello,

I'm trying to save scans on a BizCardReader 901 as .JPEG file format from Windows F&S. I created a new profile, set as default, DPI to 300, file format to .JPEG. I then scan, import window comes up, save to the folder I have selected, and when the folder opens, the file is saved as a .BMP file format. I cannot open a .BMP file on Windows 10, and even if I could, the size of the file is 0KB.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks and have a happy holiday.

:)

365 Admin admin2, Dec 24, 2019

2. Unable to scan photos and save to .jpeg format as Windows Fax and Scan has disappeared on Windows 10

Hi Janine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about saving the photos to .jpeg format and scanning them on your device. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your compute and model of the printer you are using?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to save the scanned copies to .jpeg format.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Windows Fax and Scan
      and select it.
    • Click on Scan from the left and click on
      New scan
      at the left top corner of the Toolbar.
    • When the "New Scan" dialog box opens, click the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "Photo."
    • Review the scanner settings. Make sure the printer/scanner is selected.
    • Click "Preview" to see what the scan would look like. Edit the scan settings if needed. For example, you can change the
      output file type (.jpeg) or move the slides to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    • Click "Scan." After the scanning is complete, click "Save As" on the toolbar and save the file under a new name.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable Windows Fax and scan features, restart the computer, enable the feature and check helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Expand Print and Document services, uncheck the option
      Windows Fax and Scanon.
    • Restart the computer and enable the feature.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Flow Win User

Windows 10 Fax and Scan File Format Issue

Windows 10 formatting ?

We upgraded windows 7 to 10. Many crashes and errors after that. So a format and clean install of windows 10. Activated automatically. Zero issues and no more crashes etc etc.
    So I'm inclined to say to just go for it. And if a problem, then use your windows 7 key.

Thema:

Windows 10 Fax and Scan File Format Issue

1. Windows 10 Fax and Scan File Format Issue - Similar Threads - Fax Scan File

2. Windows 10 Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Fax and Scan: In Windows 10, I used Windows Fax and Scan to receive a 17-page fax of medical records. It seemed to work OK and I can view and scroll through the fax with Fax Message. However, when I attempt to print the fax, it seems it always print one page only the first page, regardless...
  3. Windows 10 fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 fax & scan: will windows 10 fax and scan receive faxes if you are logged off computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/f9329eea-5e0a-4080-a2e5-d79b8221c652
  4. Where in Windows 10 are the scanned files for Windows Fax and Scan App?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where in Windows 10 are the scanned files for Windows Fax and Scan App?: I have a Lenovo Windows 10 laptop, connected to a canon. I see an abbreviation of where the scan went, but it stops at the first two locations this PC/Silvi/ and that's it. I can't find the scans when I go to Silvi, can not find the scanned docs, etc. I went to the Photos...
  5. Windows 10 Fax and Scan Issues

Windows 10 Fax and Scan Issues: My windows fax and scan no longer updates automatically. I have to close out the program and reopen it to see new faxes and to see if sent faxes have gone through. Please help....
  6. Windows 10 fax & scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 fax & scan: My MFC has a document feeder and I am trying to determine how to scan multiple docs into 1 file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/7a520b9c-8315-4a58-935f-83428e0bd9dc
  7. Windows 10 fax and scan

Windows 10 fax and scan: Why is there no place to scan from a printer scanner to my new Windows 10 computer Windows fax and Scan worked well on the old windows 7 one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-and-scan/aa3c7c22-1f65-4c7c-916a-4fadee1d8ecd
  8. Windows 10 - FAX & Scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - FAX & Scan: System is telling me 'No scanners detected' although I have a scanner installed and which was working perfectly when last used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/7c238717-810b-464c-a880-69a3a28c1f90
  9. Windows 10 Fax & Scan

Windows 10 Fax & Scan: I have an external voice modem attached to my Dell 8700. The modem appears to be working but I am not able to successfully fax from it. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated....
  10. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?: Greetings all, In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Re: Welcome to Windows Fax and Scan