Windows 10: windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?

Discus and support windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I find references to this issue dated in 2015 but no real solution to the problem and no recent comments or updates. I use the Windows 10 Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Tomas, Jan 7, 2019.

1. windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?

I find references to this issue dated in 2015 but no real solution to the problem and no recent comments or updates.

I use the Windows 10 Mail app and use Outlook.com as mail client linked in.

I know I can save an item as a file and then attach to an email, but we shouldn't have to do multiple steps or processes.

Windows 10 has taken us backwards in this regard from what we had under Windows 7.

Any updates or fixes to this issue?

Topics under categories below wouldn't identify a more specific Fax and/or Scan option .

Thanks for you help.

Bob Tomas

Here is a screen pic. windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out? 8716ac62-8632-420a-b155-30fe50027b0d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Robert Tomas, Jan 7, 2019
  2. 3cider Win User

windows 10 forward as email for scan is grayed out

In windows 10 I can scan but the option to forward as email is there but not letting me forward it. If I click on it there is nothing it is not highlighted as an option as everything else is. Anyone have an answer?

3cider, Jan 7, 2019
  3. 3cider Win User

It says forward as email. I have a document that I scanned and want to email it or as the fax and scan says forward as email.

windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out? 9b7c03e5-b653-41c9-b4ca-f23d767cbf24.png

3cider, Jan 7, 2019
  4. windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?

I had same problem. I downloaded and installed Microsoft 'WINDOWS LIVE MAIL',

then I made it my 'default' mail server, and the 'forward as E-mail' option came alive again. There are others, like Thunderbird, etc which I used first, and it worked, but when I uninstalled it, the option
    greyed out again.

Next problem, my google gmail blocked my password, because they say that WINDOWS LIVE MAIL is not secure enough and could open up to hackers. To overcome that I had to go to my gmail ACCOUNT,, click on 'Connected apps & sites'

at bottom of page on the "Allow less secure apps", make it to "ON". Now everything works fine.

Right now I keep the "allow less secure apps" OFF, till I need to scan to an email, then I turn it back on first.

There might be some email clients to download that are more secure. By the way, google says that 'Thunderbird' is also not secure! I wonder why Windows 10 doesn't automatically install a secure email client along with the Fax and Scan app.?!

gmail suggests it would be safer to use 'gmail' but it didn't work as it is totally webbased and not a 'local email client' ......maybe you understand all that! Right now I am feeling triumphant.

GloriaWine, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out?

1. windows 10 fax and scan "forward as email" option grayed out? - Similar Threads - fax scan forward

2. Domain option grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain option grayed out: I am unable to add our new devices to our active directory. The new devices are running on windows 11. It is currently on Workgroup, But I need it to be added to the domain. I work at a school district in the IT department....
  3. Can't forward scans as an email.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't forward scans as an email.: Dear Microsoft, Your decision to move help to on line is not a good one. Many customers don't have the skills to fix problems on line. I have had this same problem for more months than I care to remember, customers don't mind paying for what they want. Help on line is not...
  4. Windows 10 fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 fax & scan: will windows 10 fax and scan receive faxes if you are logged off computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/f9329eea-5e0a-4080-a2e5-d79b8221c652
  5. windows fax and scan email

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows fax and scan email: I cannot email from Fax and Scan. The "forward by email" button is not highlighted and therefore cannot be used. How can I set an email for it to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-email/8a6581d7-9ff2-42b8-9672-86162eb633c6
  6. Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out

Windows Fax and Scan - Fax Forward as Email Grayed Out: Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows Fax and Scan. My Fax "Forward as Email" is grayed out and can't be used. MyScan "Forward as Email" is working and routes straight to Outlook. I'm assuming they both use the same process MAPI?, so why would one work and the other...
  7. Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out

Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out: I am running Windows 1903 (Also did not work on 1809). I have tried installing Office 2010, 2016, 2019. Each time setting my default email client to Outlook. Still, in Windows Fax and Scan the forward as email button is grayed out....
  8. Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out

Windows Fax and Scan paper size grayed out: The Windows Fax and Scan program does not let you select paper size (e.g. Letter vs Legal) IF you select glass instead of document feeder. It always scans legal size when using the glass. I searched for this and see it reported as far back as 2015. Apparently Microsoft does...
  9. Why is option "forward as email" greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is option "forward as email" greyed out?: I use Mail app and my email client is Outlook. When I go to Windows Fax and Scan, the Scan option is greyed so I cannot just save an item as a file and then attach it to the email. Do I need any updates?...
  10. Emailing from Windows Fax and Scan.

in Browsers and Email
    Emailing from Windows Fax and Scan.: My daughter, whose laptop O/S is Windows 10 Pro, has run into the following problem when using Windows Fax and Scan. Her default email client is eM Client but when she tries to send a scanned document as an attachment, Fax and Scan opens Microsoft Outlook which is overlaid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan cannot forward as email

2. windows fax and scan email greyed out

3. forward as email in windows fax and scan

4. windows fax and scan forward as email,
  5. why is email not working in fax and scan,
  6. windows fax and scan forward as email greyed out,
  7. Why does Windows Fax and Scan not allow me to forward emails?,
  8. scan to email is grey,
  9. mail to fax option,
  10. window 10 fax & scam forward as email documents not working,
  11. forward as email wont work windows fax and scan,