Windows 10: Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up

Discus and support Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why does Windows Fax & Scan in Windows 10, v.64 give a Windows Firewall pop up asking me if I want to allow it to connect to a 1 private or 2 public... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sticky_buttons, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up

Why does Windows Fax & Scan in Windows 10, v.64 give a Windows Firewall pop up asking me if I want to allow it to connect to a 1 private or 2 public network? A fax is to use a phone line and not an internet connection. I have prepared drafted my faxes and await to come across I use VOIP and my service won't work to fax a regular landline to send my faxes.As well, since I have never used this version of Windows fax program, do I need to add commas or hyphens between the groups of numbers to make a successful long distance fax in North America? I know in the Windows 95,98 fax program

:)

Sticky_buttons, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2021
  3. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Dec 5, 2021
  4. oemSoft Win User

Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up

Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way?

I would like to know on how to create a white and black lists for firewall, so whenever any unknown traffic, it pops up and request permission and add into white or black lists in order to control and monitor and where to backup those lists as well.

On the other hands, there are windows firewall and windows defender, is there any difference in term of firewall?

Do you have any suggestions on whether win 10 Firewall has this feature or not?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up

1. Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up - Similar Threads - Fax Scan Firewall

2. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 - 22621.2428. Windows Fax and Scan is installed and running. The fax account is connected to a \\faxserver windows server 2012 and shows connected. Click New Fax. Type in To, Subject, and stuff in the body. Click Send.At this point, I am expecting a couple...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan doesn't send a fax, only pops up printer options.: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 - 22621.2428. Windows Fax and Scan is installed and running. The fax account is connected to a \\faxserver windows server 2012 and shows connected. Click New Fax. Type in To, Subject, and stuff in the body. Click Send.At this point, I am expecting a couple...
  4. Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Fax & Scan, Windows Firewall Pop-up: Why does Windows Fax & Scan in Windows 10, v.64 give a Windows Firewall pop up asking me if I want to allow it to connect to a 1 private or 2 public network? A fax is to use a phone line and not an internet connection. I have prepared drafted my faxes and await to come across...
  5. Windows 10 fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 fax & scan: will windows 10 fax and scan receive faxes if you are logged off computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/f9329eea-5e0a-4080-a2e5-d79b8221c652
  6. Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan

Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan: I am trying to set up Windows 10 Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem in my laptop, but my computer is connected via wifi to an HP multi-function printer that has fax capability, and the printer is connected to a phone line. Per the HP software, the fax capabilities have...
  7. Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up

Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up: I am trying to set up to send and receive fax directly from my computer, however, windows fax and scan keeps saying there is no account configured. I have used this software a few years ago with Windows 7 without complication, but I just can't seem to get this one going....
  8. Windows 10 fax and scan

Windows 10 fax and scan: Why is there no place to scan from a printer scanner to my new Windows 10 computer Windows fax and Scan worked well on the old windows 7 one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-and-scan/aa3c7c22-1f65-4c7c-916a-4fadee1d8ecd
  9. Windows 10 - FAX & Scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - FAX & Scan: System is telling me 'No scanners detected' although I have a scanner installed and which was working perfectly when last used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fax-scan/7c238717-810b-464c-a880-69a3a28c1f90
  10. Windows 10 Fax & Scan

Windows 10 Fax & Scan: I have an external voice modem attached to my Dell 8700. The modem appears to be working but I am not able to successfully fax from it. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated....