Windows 10: Windows 10 feature request mouse (left/right hand) usage

Discus and support Windows 10 feature request mouse (left/right hand) usage in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am looking for a small and resource-friendly tool (Windows 10), that has these features. First I thought of a little tool but Windows 10 itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MathijsGroen1, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 feature request mouse (left/right hand) usage

Hi,

I am looking for a small and resource-friendly tool (Windows 10), that has these features. First I thought of a little tool but Windows 10 itself could be improved to provide these features as well:

* at set intervals, displays a popup window on screen/taskbar that it's time to switch between left/right (and vice versa) mouse hand;
    * display a countdouwn to enable user to move the mouse from left to right hand and vice versa;
    * switches mouse button from left to right (vice versa);
    * Current mouse settings is displayed in the taskbar icon with an R or L (or something similar).
    * Optional: include a parameter setting to set left/right usage ratio. For example: right hand switching after x minutes/clicks/meters, left hand switching after y minutes/clicks/meters
    x = 5
    y = 7
    (above is an example).
    * Optional: override / ignore setting
    * Optional: logging (clicks, meters, changed times, ...)

Underlying thought:
    I would like to switch regularly between left and right mouse usage and that tool would help me not to forget that.

What do other think?

Mathijs

Thanks,
    Mathijs

:)

MathijsGroen1, Nov 4, 2019

2. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Cyberic68 Win User
    Left handed & Right handed mouse users

Hi Regile,

Yes, the option Switch primary and secondary buttons change every time, and that's the problem it should not, it should keep the settings on the computer unless otherwise requested by the user to do so. I explain myself

I have 5 PC, I use two of them with the left-handed, and 3 with the right-handed. So when I switch from a right-handed to a right-handed that works, but not when I switch from a left to right or a right to left "handed", because then this switch the option
    mouse settings that I want on this PC ( and was previously set) with the option that I have last used on another PC that was set on the opposite position.

To me, the user should have the option to disable this refreshing mouse setting (only for the Mouse) at boot up and keep the local settings that were set on this PC. Or something else.

Same apply I have a sixth PC, with a touchscreen monitor, I would like (when I boot the PC) use it with the right-handed mouse, but if I had to use a left-handed PC before, then it overrides the right-handed mouse settings with the left-handed mouse.

Thanks

Eric

Cyberic68, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 feature request mouse (left/right hand) usage

Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

Hi

I have a dell laptop with Windows 10.

I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed.

In previous versions of Windows I could set the mouse and touchpad individually, in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to.

How do I set a mouse Left handed and Touchpad right handed?

thanks

jon

jonbennett2, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 feature request mouse (left/right hand) usage

1. Windows 10 feature request mouse (left/right hand) usage - Similar Threads - feature request mouse

2. LEFT HANDED Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Development Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LEFT HANDED Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Development Request: LEFT HANDED Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Development RequestI am a LEFT handed at 53 I've experienced from a young age establishment force me to use my right as they find it hard to emulate what I am learning quite naturally with my left. the position of the ink well at my school...
  3. LEFT HANDED Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Development Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LEFT HANDED Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Development Request: LEFT HANDED Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Development RequestI am a LEFT handed at 53 I've experienced from a young age establishment force me to use my right as they find it hard to emulate what I am learning quite naturally with my left. the position of the ink well at my school...
  4. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  5. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  6. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  8. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  9. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad: Hi I have a dell laptop with Windows 10. I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed. In previous versions of Windows I could set the mouse and touchpad individually, in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to. How do I set a mouse Left handed and Touchpad...