Windows 10: Windows 10 feature request or bug?

Discus and support Windows 10 feature request or bug? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I utilize Directory Junction (MKLINK /J) to share code resources between static and dynamic compilations also allowing my video bat files using FFMPEG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David552, Nov 27, 2019.

1. David552 Win User

Windows 10 feature request or bug?

I utilize Directory Junction (MKLINK /J) to share code resources between static and dynamic compilations also allowing my video bat files using FFMPEG to view my video sources in various stages in a single directory structure instead of across multiple physical drives. The reason I used a directory junction is to share a common copy of the code and/or a single directory tree. I have had two problems with this approach. One is drag dropping a directory that contains a directory junction it has two possibilities neither of which are desirable. First is the copy hangs (not windows just the copy) requiring a reboot to clear the copy. Second I tried this with an empty directory junction Directory inside a directory I copied and it created a NEW non-linked directory potentially duplicating and separating the contents inside the directory. Is it possible to consider making the copy of a directory junction create another directory junction instead of duplicate copies of the data or worse hanging causing the copy to be partial. Maybe a third drag drop copy option Copy/Move/Maintain link. I have not tested this with symbolic links from visual studio because symbolic links have based on my experience had issues with exists () tests it this case in bat files unless the primary path and not the symbolically linked paths are used as arguments. Directory joins are in my experience are handled correctly by bat file exists testing using either path.

Would anyone else consider consistency in processing in this area to be useful?

:)

David552, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Windows 10 feature request or bug? win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 feature request or bug? - Similar Threads - feature request bug

2. Is that a bug or a feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that a bug or a feature: hello, Im not sure if the search bar overing over the taskbar is a bug or a feature? is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-bug-or-a-feature/52bdaaab-1df3-4c5e-b49c-b9ea67a2be41
  3. Is that a bug or a feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is that a bug or a feature: hello, Im not sure if the search bar overing over the taskbar is a bug or a feature? is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-bug-or-a-feature/52bdaaab-1df3-4c5e-b49c-b9ea67a2be41
  4. it's not a bug it's a feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    it's not a bug it's a feature: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/seller_zanzan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wy0188/its_not_a_bug_its_a_feature/
  5. Windows cascade feature request

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cascade feature request: Everyone know about windows cascade on the desktop. most everyone uses Alt. Tab instead. Its more effective.I would like to see something like Windows cascade where all windows minimize to their top portion only where you will only see the name of the window and have the min,...
  6. Feature request: Xbox UI for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature request: Xbox UI for Windows 10: Hi, I would like to have a feature in Windows 10 that lets you use your PC in "Xbox mode" as I call it. It's basically most Xbox features and menus on PC. It would be good for controller users that don't want the performance disadvantage that things like Steam Big Picture,...
  7. Feature Request.

Feature Request.: I have an ultra-widescreen, when pressing Win key + Left right arrow , it will snap screen left or right ...can we also have a central snap that snaps a window to the center of the screen but keeps the window size to allow you to see a quarter of the desktop either side....
  8. [Bug/Feature]

[Bug/Feature]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Glad-Thought [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwgaf4/bugfeature/
  9. Feature Request

Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  10. Is it a bug or a feature?

Is it a bug or a feature?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/areskz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa4pqj/is_it_a_bug_or_a_feature/