Windows 10: Windows 10 Feature update 1909 takes more than it is supposed to

Discus and support Windows 10 Feature update 1909 takes more than it is supposed to in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Straight to the point. I use Windows 10 x64 Pro, It is a fresh installation. Licensed version. The Build Infos are: Windows 10 Pro v1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theycallmeVish, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Feature update 1909 takes more than it is supposed to

Hi, Straight to the point.

I use Windows 10 x64 Pro, It is a fresh installation. Licensed version.

The Build Infos are:

Windows 10 Pro

v1809

Installed On: 08.09.2020

OS Build: 17763.107

Ask me for more information if you need,

So comes the problem in Windows Update.

Yesterday, when i started my PCnormal boot as usual i connected my PC to the internet to check for updates and keep my PC updated.

After checking i put it to download and install, after it was downloadedone was left I spotted a thing "Feature Update to Windows 10. 1909" was taking a lot of time to download. I looked out for it what it is and what is its size i have a limited data usage plan* so after finding about for a while, i came to the answer that its a 180KB enablement package which enabled version 1903's features or something. So 180KB? after a while i looked at it again and saw that it was more than just 180kb. So there the issue is, that package isn't 180kb or it is misnamed. Kindly help me regarding this problem. and also i spotted another problem today, the updates were stuck at PENDING INSTALL and they didn't continue further, and to fix it i came to a solutionmore like i wasted all my internet that i'll have to delete all the downloaded update and reset Windows Update. and so i did it i had no other thing left to do, and If the feature update thingy is really more than 180kb and like around gigs then kindly tell me how can i except it, install all the other updates?

Thank you

Vishwajit

:)

theycallmeVish, Sep 10, 2020
  2. RexOman Win User

Windows Update History shows both Feature Updates 1903 and 1909 installed

After I installed the Windows 10 Feature Update from 1903 to 1909 my Windows Update History shows

Feature Updates (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903

Looking in the About page it lists Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

In the past when I've installed a Feature Update it only shows the new update. In other words in this case it would only show 1909. Since it shows 1903 also is my computer really upgraded to 1909? Also the (2) after the 1909 is something I don't understand.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Rex

RexOman, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Sep 10, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Windows 10 Feature update 1909 takes more than it is supposed to

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Feature update 1909 takes more than it is supposed to

1. Windows 10 Feature update 1909 takes more than it is supposed to - Similar Threads - Feature update 1909

2. Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?: Hi,I was using Get-WindowsUpdate to check how much gb it took, and it shows 122GB?I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but it also wont let me update this ^...
  3. Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?: Hi,I was using Get-WindowsUpdate to check how much gb it took, and it shows 122GB?I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but it also wont let me update this ^...
  4. Windows taking more space than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking more space than usual: Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the drives. But in my system, it is showing it takes 29GB. How I can get rid of this extra 9GB ?...
  5. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  6. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  7. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours: Started the update on Tuesday around 5:00 pm and it was still running the following day at 5:00 pm. Message said it was running the update 100%. I need my computer so I shut it off. When I restarted it backed the upgrade back off automatically since it wasn't finished....
  9. my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours

my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours: [IMG]the 99 percentage stay here for 5 hours and i have wait for finish for last 10 hours shall i turn off my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-updates-takes-more-than-10-hours/d6687bbd-5cc9-4197-97be-efaaec70baec
  10. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours: I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't get into the lock screen or home screen to sign out of the internet or make changes to update schedules. The update is not...