Windows 10: Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:

Discus and support Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue: in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I installed the 20H2 Windows Feature update yesterday heard it's good for gaming performance! but after updating, the keyboard on my laptop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 22toni, Dec 17, 2020.

1. 22toni Win User

Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue:

Hey,

I installed the 20H2 Windows Feature update yesterday heard it's good for gaming performance! but after updating, the keyboard on my laptop has stopped working. I tried the common troubleshooting fixes for keyboards.

I ran Windows update again in case hotfixes or new drivers had been released no change

I tried updating the drivers in Device Manager already up to date

I uninstalled all keyboards in Device Manager, then rebooted the PC. didn't help

I ran the keyboard troubleshooter. didn't detece anything wrong

In the end I had to uninstall the 20H2 update through the Recovery menu - and of course, my keyboard drivers are working again.

I am now back on version 1909, build 18363.1256. If it helps, this is on an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA 401IH laptop.

As I would still like to get the latest feature update for Windows10, does anyone have a suggestion for avoiding what I assume must be a keyboard driver incompatibility issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

22toni, Dec 17, 2020

2. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 - keyboard drivers issue: - Similar Threads - Feature Update 20H2

2. Windows 10 Feature Update issue - version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update issue - version 20H2: I have been trying to update my windows 10 for the past month, but am facing issues.In the settings it shows your windows has reached end of service.But I read about this on Microsoft site and it is possible to update the windows. So, I clicked Fix Issues in the settings, and...
  3. Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 issue

Windows 10 Feature Update 20H2 issue: I have tried several times to install the windows 10 feature 20H2 update currently version 1909. Every time it appears to install successfully. After restarting the computer, the log in screen appears and I enter my password. My desktop opens and windows boots. The problem is...
  4. Feature update to windows 10 20h2

Feature update to windows 10 20h2: Hi guys so I decided today to update to windows 10 20h2. My previous version was 2004 or 20h1. When I decided to update i realised it downloaded so quickly in less than 30 seconds. Can anyone tell me what the size actually is because I'm scared maybe it didn't finish...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 Feature Update: Windows 10, 20H2 Feature Update recently appeared in Update. It was necessary to update my 1909 updates and subsequenly 20H2 updated my Toshiba Laptop.I now have no printing, scanning, no restore point capability, recovery only and corrupt files.Microsoft support provides...
  6. Windows 10 feature update 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 feature update 20H2: Hello! I recently checked for updates and my PC found that I have updates available. It turned out to be the 20H2 feature update and I clicked on download update. However, it all runs so slow. Downloaded kinda fast, in about 45-60 minutes but the installation is the slow one....
  7. Windows 20H2 Feature Update

Windows 20H2 Feature Update: Hello Everyone, Can someone help me find out why the 20h2 update wont go through every time I have downloaded and installed it. As soon I select restart I can see it's configuring update however when the pc finally boots up after may be a minute or two I receive...
  8. Windows 10 Feature update 20H2

Windows 10 Feature update 20H2: I have bought my pc on 2 November 2020 and have installed the feature update 20H2 on 8 November 2020 but it has lead to some problems to me like night light feature grayed out, brightness slider not working and windows defender getting on and off on its own due to which I...
  9. Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech G510 keyboard driver issue with Windows 10 20H2: Hello I have a Surface Book 3, with Windows 10, 20H2 feature update, and a Logitech G510 keyboard. I just wanted to get advice on the best way to get this keyboard working with Windows 10. I installed the Logitech Gaming Software 9.02.65 64 bit, which is the latest...
  10. Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues: Hello, After the windows 10 update (was available last tue, but just installed it) I was having some cpu issues with it, where it would max out at 100%. To try to alleviate this issue I tried to roll back the update, but when I did my keyboard stopped working. I cant sign on,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 20h2 keyboard