Windows 10: Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

Discus and support Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today, Windows Update notified me that the 21H1 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I hit download and install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LoriConger235, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

Today, Windows Update notified me that the 21H1 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I hit download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I didn't have any laptop work to do at the time. Now it's been 5 hours since I left it on, and the Windows Update screen under Settings> Updates & Security is still installing at 96%, which is the exact number I saw over an hour ago. Are you stuck? Why does it take so long to install? My internet is fast enough, I don't have many programs installed. I'm afraid if I close it and reset the Windows update i

:)

LoriConger235, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1

UPDATE 5/18: How to get the Windows 10 May 2021 Update version 21H1

Source: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 | Windows Experience Blog

See also: KB5000736 Windows 10 Insider Beta Channel Build 19043.844 (21H1)

Brink, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

1. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install - Similar Threads - Feature Update 21H1

2. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  3. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  4. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install: Today, Windows Update notified me that the 21H1 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I hit download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I didn't have any laptop work to do at the time. Now it's been 5 hours since I left it on,...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Feature Update 21H1 takes too long to install: Today, Windows Update notified me that the 21H1 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I hit download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I didn't have any laptop work to do at the time. Now it's been 5 hours since I left it on,...
  7. Update taking too long

Update taking too long: My device claimed it needed an update and asked me to clear multipled GB to install it, then it asked me to restart to finish installing, I started the restart over an hour ago and it hasn't even reached 1%...
  8. Windows 10 Feature Update 2004 taking too long to install

Windows 10 Feature Update 2004 taking too long to install: Today I was notified by Windows Update that the 2004 update is finally ready to be downloaded and installed on my laptop. I pressed download and install and left the laptop plugged in idle as I did not have any laptop work to do at that time. Now it's been 4 hours since I...
  9. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: My windows is updating . But its been like 2 hrs it has stopped in 15% . The white dots are still spinning but not increasing the update. Should i wait longer or try to restart.??...
  10. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54