Windows 10: Windows 10 (feature) update failures

Discus and support Windows 10 (feature) update failures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows updates is trying to push feature updates (failing for months) for an AMD-64 platform, but I have an intel Core i7-4770 64 system. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mr_Lor, Dec 17, 2019.

1. mr_Lor Win User

Windows 10 (feature) update failures

Windows updates is trying to push feature updates (failing for months) for an AMD-64 platform, but I have an intel Core i7-4770 64 system. Is there a fix for this?

:)

mr_Lor, Dec 17, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 (feature) update failures

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 (feature) update failures

1. Windows 10 (feature) update failures - Similar Threads - feature update failures

2. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure: Hi,I previously installed the above mentioned update on my PC. After its installed, i restarted the PC however, upon opening. it still ask me to restart to finish the update. I tried restarting it multiple times but still it keeps asking me to restart. I then got irritated...
  3. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure: Hi,I previously installed the above mentioned update on my PC. After its installed, i restarted the PC however, upon opening. it still ask me to restart to finish the update. I tried restarting it multiple times but still it keeps asking me to restart. I then got irritated...
  4. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure

Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure: I have 45gigs of free space, I have wiped SoftwareDist folder to redownload and reinstall update and I keep getting to 8% when restarting to apply update with error 0x80070002. How much space do I actually need to have free to apply this update???Why cant I pause updates???...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure: I have 45gigs of free space, I have wiped SoftwareDist folder to redownload and reinstall update and I keep getting to 8% when restarting to apply update with error 0x80070002. How much space do I actually need to have free to apply this update???Why cant I pause updates???...
  7. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Boot failure following windows 10 feature update

Boot failure following windows 10 feature update: Hi I have a PC with Windows 10 64 bit. I ran a feature update that stuck 48% even after leaving overnight. With no other option I turned off and rebooted hoping that it would repair/roll back the update. Alas I am now in a pickle. BSOD here's what I've tried so far. Hopefully...
  9. Win 10 Features update Failure

Win 10 Features update Failure: I have an older Dell Inspiron 11 3174 Laptop. It was turned off for awhile (about a year) because I bought a new Acer). I have decided to sell the Dell. Multiple problems ensued. First I was unable to do a reset or wipe, it started out fine, got to around 84 or 85% and...
  10. feature update failure

feature update failure: {AE2980EB-9FF6-48DA-B658-1C6E6B6F1035} 2019-05-11 09:46:56:343-0400 1 182 [AGENT_INSTALLING_FAILED] 101 {893BCEED-79B1-4B2E-86C8-AA1B43C978A2} 1 800703f1 UpdateOrchestrator Failure Content Install Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron 3174 cant update windows