Windows 10: Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer.

Discus and support Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am having problems with my ASUS windows 10 laptop. I was gonna install the latest feature update, and then when it restarted, well it went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LiamVerse, Aug 5, 2022.

1. LiamVerse Win User

Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer.

Hello, I am having problems with my ASUS windows 10 laptop. I was gonna install the latest feature update, and then when it restarted, well it went to diagnosis mode. So I am now stuck in the recovery menu, and forgot my admin password for my account. If anyone can help me or tell me some other ways to fix my computer, please do so. This was my only computer and I can't lose it.

:)

LiamVerse, Aug 5, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Aug 5, 2022
  3. bobkn Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I haven't had to face that problem with any of my PCs yet. (Touch wood. [Old pagan ritual to avoid bad luck.])

You may ultimately have to re-install Windows, but I hope that someone can offer a less painful fix.

A suggestion: "Windows 10 update ruined my computer" sounds like a ranting post. There are many helpful people here, but they respond better to requests for help than to complaints.

bobkn, Aug 5, 2022
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer. - Similar Threads - feature update ruined

2. Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer.: Hello, I am having problems with my ASUS windows 10 laptop. I was gonna install the latest feature update, and then when it restarted, well it went to diagnosis mode. So I am now stuck in the recovery menu, and forgot my admin password for my account. If anyone can help me or...
  3. Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 feature update ruined my computer.: Hello, I am having problems with my ASUS windows 10 laptop. I was gonna install the latest feature update, and then when it restarted, well it went to diagnosis mode. So I am now stuck in the recovery menu, and forgot my admin password for my account. If anyone can help me or...
  4. Windows Update Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Ruined My Computer: Hi so around June 16th my desktop Windows 11 Home had an update and once I was done with whatever I was doing I wanted to shut it down but obviously it had to update so there was the option to update then shutdown and I did that and then the blue screen "of death" appeared...
  5. Windows Update Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Ruined My Computer: Hi so around June 16th my desktop Windows 11 Home had an update and once I was done with whatever I was doing I wanted to shut it down but obviously it had to update so there was the option to update then shutdown and I did that and then the blue screen "of death" appeared...
  6. Update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  7. Updates Ruined My Computer

Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....
  8. Windows 10 update ruined computer

Windows 10 update ruined computer: My PC has been trying to update to Windows 10 for months now. It is never successful and I have to wait while it has to undo changes. I tried to stop the update but it always tried to update every few days. Last Thursday it tried to update again but this time my PC cannot...
  9. Windows 10 Aug update ruined my computer

Windows 10 Aug update ruined my computer: "Windows 10 downloaded but then it's been stuck on the load up screen and automatic repair. ive tried all the options but to no avail. I cannot download windows 10 on Usb or DVD as I've never had the chance to log-in to windows since the update." I copied this from a 2015...
  10. Win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update ruined my computer: I bought a 1500+ asus gaming laptop 18 months ago and have had zero problems until today. My computer forces me to do a win10 update and after the update is complete my computer starts up and takes me to a login screen that has a totally different background than before and...