Windows 10: Windows 10 Feature Update Verion 1903 - Storage Space

Discus and support Windows 10 Feature Update Verion 1903 - Storage Space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, looking for some advice please. Both my daughters have HP Stream laptops with somewhat pathetic HDD storage at just 32gb. The machines both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamiefst, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Jamiefst Win User

Windows 10 Feature Update Verion 1903 - Storage Space

Hi there,

looking for some advice please. Both my daughters have HP Stream laptops with somewhat pathetic HDD storage at just 32gb. The machines both run happily with the current Windows 10 version 1703 installed. They are however getting plagued with update notifications for the new feature update for 1903. When trying to install it requires some 8gb HDD space internally. I have tried to use an external device with plenty of space but to no avail as it seems to require the internal space albeit as described in believe temporarily. I have tried to clear as much off their drives to free up space but without started to hammer system windows files I can't get above 6gb free space. Is this a conundrum I'm better off leaving and just accepting that we shall not be able to keep apace with the latest updates??? Any advice greatly received.

Many Thanks

:)

Jamiefst, Dec 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Storage Spaces Improvements?

We just released a couple of new Storage Spaces features with the
    Windows 10 November update
    :

• Optimize drive usage to make the best use of all of your drives after adding drives
    • Safely remove a drive from a pool by automatically moving data off the drive and onto other drives in the pool.
    To make use of these features you'll have to install the
    Windows 10 November update.
    Our latest Help content briefly covers the new Storage Spaces functionality:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10

Cheers!

Jason Gerend - Senior Content Developer for Storage Spaces

Jason Gerend_MSFT, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Jack#1 Win User
    Storage space for 1903 update

Whilst trying to do the 1903 feature update on my Lenovo netbook (with 32GB SSD) I got a message telling me to connect external storage media. I plugged in a 16GB USB stick, the download worked, and it got part way through the installation, but then I got
    this error https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10 It seems like the update can't
    be installed with a USB drive connected, but I don't have enough storage space without one.

I've tried uninstalling apps, moving my files onto an external drive, and running the windows tool to free up storage space, but the most space I can get on the SSD is a few GB.

I also tried running the media creation tool to make an ISO file to upgrade from, but got an error saying that this requires 10GB of free space on the SSD.

In summary, I can't find a way to do the upgrade! Is there any way around this? Are Microsoft going to fix the USB drive installation error? The only thing I can think of at the moment is to borrow a friend's computer to make the ISO file, but I'm worried
    that even this will incur the same error.

Jack#1, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update Verion 1903 - Storage Space

Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Feature Update Verion 1903 - Storage Space

1. Windows 10 Feature Update Verion 1903 - Storage Space - Similar Threads - Feature Update Verion

2. Storage space for Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage space for Updates: For a while now, I've been getting a pop-up that says "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix" It then tells me there is insufficient space to complete updates with an icon to click to free up space. I have freed up every option to where it says 0% and it still...
  3. Storage space for Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space for Updates: For a while now, I've been getting a pop-up that says "Can't install updates. Select this message to fix" It then tells me there is insufficient space to complete updates with an icon to click to free up space. I have freed up every option to where it says 0% and it still...
  4. Storage space for Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 1903 feature update

Windows 10 1903 feature update: Is there a standalone file to down load to install the 1903 feature update? I have multiple locations with low bandwidth connections that I need to install this update. I am currently needing to update Windows 10 1803 version....
  6. windows 10 feature update 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 feature update 1903: Hi all running windows 10 v 1803, its very stable never any issues, recently have been getting prompts to update to v 1903 due to support ending in Nov, i have downloaded the iso and installed from setup.exe, updated very smoothly no issues, problems start soon after...
  7. Windows Feature Update 1903

Windows Feature Update 1903: So tonight I noticed that over 7 gbs of my hard space was gone. I regularly check it so it's definitely something I noticed. I checked to see if Windows was trying to update and in fact it was even though I have my updates turned off or it needs to ask before it starts....
  8. Storage space for 1903 update

Storage space for 1903 update: Whilst trying to do the 1903 feature update on my Lenovo netbook (with 32GB SSD) I got a message telling me to connect external storage media. I plugged in a 16GB USB stick, the download worked, and it got part way through the installation, but then I got this error...
  9. Windows 10 1903 feature update

Windows 10 1903 feature update: I attempted the new update a couple days ago on a HP Desktop and got the error that it could not update due to the hardware. Found this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10 Did the "workaround" since I did have a...
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903: Hello. I keep getting this message- Getting things ready- for the feature update to version 1903. It is stuck at 71 percent since yesterday. The very first time I tried downloading the update, the error code was 0x80240034. Please help. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how many spaces accure the windows 10 features update 1903