Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if...

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some time ago I read to NOT install Windows 10 Feature Update - Version 22H2 as doing so would cause problems forsome printers ? Brother?. HAS THIS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by {reg}, Dec 1, 2022.

1. {reg} Win User

WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if...

Some time ago I read to NOT install Windows 10 Feature Update - Version 22H2 as doing so would cause problems forsome printers ? Brother?. HAS THIS UPDATE PROBLEM BEEN CORRECTED?

:)

{reg}, Dec 1, 2022

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2022
  3. ish4d0w Win User
    Printer Sharing feature is Broken in Windows 10 latest version

Hello,

I am screaming inside now, Microsoft seems to have broken, or to be fair, let's just say heavily altered (and not in the good way) the well-known printer sharing feature that has been part of Windows for... since Windows 98 I guess? And I'm unable to make it work. Please help me!

This is a SHARING issue , a problem with Windows networking, and not a printer-specific issue. I can't share ANY printers at all, if I am using Windows 10 21H2, or any recent version of Windows 10.

If I use legacy versions of Windows, such as Windows 7, or even early Windows 10 from 2015, then it works fine using the same steps. It is crazy.

What I did:
    - Set network type to home/private.
    - Enabled file and printer sharing.
    - Turned off password protected sharing.
    - Enabled guest any "ANONYMOUS LOGON" permissions for the printer to be shared.
    - Shared the printer using the system dialogue.
    - Installed additional drivers using the share prompt as we have a legacy Win7 computer too, that is running x86. (The main system is Windows 10 21H2 x64 of course, now hosting drivers x64 AND x86 for this printer)
    - Checked the network menu in explorer on the client computer (One running Windows 10 21H1 x64 and other running Windows 7 x86). They can both see the server (Windows 10 21H2 x64) and the printer share. But unable to connect it, or add it as an actual printer.

Error is: unable to connect to the printer,
    with specific error code 0x0000011b

I looked up this code and it seems others have seen it too:
    Please Wait... | Cloudflare

I tried these steps but they don't work. And I can't uninstall that update, its not in the list. Also that would make me vulnerable to run old versions of Windows 10.

What should I do? I struggle to digest that in the latest version of Windows 10, printer sharing is just, well, broken.

ish4d0w, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if...

Windows 10 will not connect to Printer.

Hi Colonel,

I am sorry to know that printer is not working on Windows 10.

• Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the Printer?
    I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Do not try the following steps because it will disable Go Back feature on Windows 10:

• Refresh

• Reset

• Disk Cleanup (if it touched Windows.old or $windows.~bt)

• Manually deleting files within Windows.old or $windows.~bt

• Running on battery (must be plugged in)
    If external device was used during upgrade to store Go Back data – the customer must have it to perform a Go Back.

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature:

Redirecting

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Tenforo, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if... - Similar Threads - FEATURE UPDATE VERSION

2. Windows 10 2h22 feature update stucked at 86%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 2h22 feature update stucked at 86%: Hello, I have been leave that update as pending for long time but now i intended to have it done and i was encountered the update were loading as " working on update were stucked at 86%" not really stucked but it were keep loading after like 12h. Should i update to win10...
  3. Windows 10 2h22 feature update stucked at 86%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 2h22 feature update stucked at 86%: Hello, I have been leave that update as pending for long time but now i intended to have it done and i was encountered the update were loading as " working on update were stucked at 86%" not really stucked but it were keep loading after like 12h. Should i update to win10...
  4. Windows 10 2h22 feature update stucked at 86%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?: I need to uninstall the last Windows 10 update. It has my laptop completely frozen in a loop at start up and I didn't know whether to choose the quality or feature update to uninstall in the Advanced options menu. Please help. I just want my laptop to work again. Thank you...
  6. Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?

Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?: I need to uninstall the last Windows 10 update. It has my laptop completely frozen in a loop at start up and I didn't know whether to choose the quality or feature update to uninstall in the Advanced options menu. Please help. I just want my laptop to work again. Thank you...
  7. Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?

8. WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if...: Some time ago I read to NOT install Windows 10 Feature Update - Version 22H2 as doing so would cause problems forsome printers ? Brother?. HAS THIS UPDATE PROBLEM BEEN CORRECTED?...
  9. WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if...

WINDOWS 10 FEATURE UPDATE VERSION 2H22: Is there still a problem for some printers if...: Some time ago I read to NOT install Windows 10 Feature Update - Version 22H2 as doing so would cause problems forsome printers ? Brother?. HAS THIS UPDATE PROBLEM BEEN CORRECTED?...
  10. There are problems in installing some updates feature update to windows 10,version...

There are problems in installing some updates feature update to windows 10,version...: please help me in fixing this problem.Thank you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-problems-in-installing-some-updates/5a2c0f68-771e-4b77-ba2d-b7aa08740fab