Windows 10: Windows 10 feature update very slow or stuck

Discus and support Windows 10 feature update very slow or stuck in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have been trying to install the new 1903 update. Having discovered the upgrade was downloaded, presumably in background without me noticing, I began... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gcam1964, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Gcam1964 Win User

Windows 10 feature update very slow or stuck

Have been trying to install the new 1903 update. Having discovered the upgrade was downloaded, presumably in background without me noticing, I began the install from settings. I am assuming it does not require an internet connection at this point. My pc is not configured for auto connect from my Samsung hotspot. Initially the upgrade seemed to go reasonably fast until it got to 82% on the blue screen. After 5 hours it was still on 82%! Spinner was spinning. At this point I did a hard reset by holding down power button. On reboot it then did a rollback to previous version which thankfully only took 5 minutes. However, next morning I found it was again attempting 1903 update again. This time it appears stuck at 88% after 5 hours. Is this long time normal or is it stuck? I have a laptop with i7 processor and 8 GB RAM. Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

Gcam1964, Aug 11, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 11, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 feature update very slow or stuck - Similar Threads - feature update very

2. Windows 10 very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very slow: Hi community, I have an laptop Asus A540UB-DM859 with i3 7020U 2,3ghz dual core, 4gb ram, 1 tb hdd, and nvidia mx110 2gb and it works very very slow in windows 10 meaning 10 fps in with no program started, and it games works good, meaning 100 fps in games like lol, but i get...
  3. Updating very slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating very slow.: I just downloaded the update assistant & updating my windows version. But after downloading it is taking very long time to complete it. I am stuck at 95% of completing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-very-slow/07a2a5b7-4fe2-4c0e-9f9f-667e399a561d
  4. Windows update is VERY SLOW

Windows update is VERY SLOW: Hello, PROBLEM: Windows is very slow at signing in and responds also very slowly while interacting with the interface in any way. I am in the middle of reinstalling programs/apps but everything is painfully slow. What can be done? BACKGROUND Windows installed some...
  5. Updating Windows 10 Cumulative Updates is very slow.

Updating Windows 10 Cumulative Updates is very slow.: Hi I do not know. Everytime I do Windows Updates. The Cumulative Updates takes a very long time to update. And it takes hours! I cannot wait that too long to wait for the updates to finish. This is ridiculous! I check the Speed Test on my network everything is fine. But I...
  6. Windows 10 very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  7. windows 10 updates very slow

windows 10 updates very slow: windows 10 updates very slow all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-very-slow/8b880a5b-75db-40f1-8771-0c1f0eb95891
  8. Windows 10, very slow download of updates

Windows 10, very slow download of updates: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have a big problem with extremely slow download of updates. My internet connection speed is >20Mbps (I can normally download files from microsoft.com with full 20Mbps) After getting new updates, they start OK, downloading with full 20Mbps for...
  9. Windows 10 - Update 1803 very slow

Windows 10 - Update 1803 very slow: I have installed a fresh version of windows 10 provided by Dell on a USB after the Hard drive in their Inspiron 5477 failed and they replaced it. After trying a repair tool windows would no longer even start up, so I have wiped the whole thing and started from scratch. I...
  10. Windows 10 Update April is Very Slow

Windows 10 Update April is Very Slow: Hello, Windows Team i have problem with Windows 10 Update April 1803 While i Updated my PC is very Slow i don't know why Please help me to fix it. Thanks Regards...